How do you deal with a bad run of cards?

M

mange12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gentlemen, when throughout your poker session, all your good cards have moved on and do not give you a chance at all, is it God's punishment or just not your day?

How do you deal with this?
Strange as it may seem, when some players hit a lucky streak, they take their winnings and quit. When, they should do the opisit
depends on the bets on the table, and the amount of chips it's all in time.
If ones luck is running bad, they should leave the table and play another day. I am a firm believer that players run bad streaks and good streaks. It is a good feeling to know that the cards are running for you.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
when the cars are not coming there is nothing you can do about it. What you can do is look for spots and do what you can. Im not saying go crazy and loosen up but when you have something playable play it and hard. If you have been folding forever and finally raise people will respect you the 1st time unless they have something big. Poker is not about the card all the time

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I noticed that if i will press "sit out next hand" button, suddenly my cards are changing to better and stronger!
Maybe it is just funny coincidence but try it once!

Sometimes u need to press fold many times, its ok.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am not the tightest player around :ROFLMAO: but if i really get only junk the whole time then i just fold the whole time and wait until a somewhat decent hand at least and play them . especially with position

otherwise maybe leaving the game (if it is a cash game) would be the best idea

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Gentlemen, when throughout your poker session, all your good cards have moved on and do not give you a chance at all, is it God's punishment or just not your day?

I will sit and observe what other people are doing while I don't get involved. Eventually things will change and I will have more information about the people at the table.

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If I can hold on until we join tables the cards usually change for me. I am only there for the fun of playing though if I get some money that’s a bonus

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips

Look 👀 for spots to see cheap flops and button raises.you can’t just wait on pocket aces.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Every player has such days. I just take a break in such cases. Taking a break saves money and prevents disappointment.

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If online in a cash game I’ll tend to change table. If in a tournament it’s not possible I’ll try stealing blinds etc when in position and I’ll pray I supplement my stack enough to our last the bad patch