How do I find leaks in my live game?

M

max23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hi! I'm new and looking for help with some live poker questions can some help me out?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

max23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
ok whats the best solvers to get for cash or tournaments

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lots of people here can help you! What do you want to know?

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I don't think solvers can be efficiently used for live poker. For online, I will defer to others in the forum since I do not use 'em.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
ok whats the best solver to get for cash and tournament (live play)
There are plenty of answers to your question online. Just google it.
As to my personal answer : Logic is great, but unfortunately not the best thing to apply when you have to deal with people !

M

max23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
so how do you go about finding your leaks in your game

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pretty much i reflect on the previous game on hands that got value and those that didn't. i play the cards dealt and reads on players in the current game. i rarely check other player previous stats as they could change their style as much as i do mine. but that's just me playing the game as a hobby.

so whats the best way to find Leaks in your game play
based on experience, experience can still be the best teacher. play some games and try to improve each time.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Posting hands and asking questions would be a great start to finding leaks in your game. There are many players who would be happy to help you.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could try and look over your hand history where you made mistakes, where you ahead or behind when you put you chips in the middle ?

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Happy to help. My first question is what makes you think you need to purchase a solver? What is your plan for poker now and future/what stakes you planning on playing now/future? Depending on stakes you plan it play or rise too you may never need to waste money on a solver or any overly expensive 1k course. Below is a link to a solver(best price I could find) that I maybe considering if I feel I need it. You don't need one to beat micro stakes. You may want one if/when you reach 25nl or 50nl(maybe not though idk). There maybe cheaper solvers I haven't noticed/found one and not sure how good GTO+ is maybe someone who owns it can talk to that. For me the price is right if or when I ever need one
https://www.gtoplus.com/

As you're new I would recommend a couple courses(links below) at runitonce poker. Peter Clarkes "From the Ground Up Course" is solid and for the price($50usd) it's well worth it. If you wanna checkout Peters coaching style first search Carrot Poker on youtube(link below). Also I haven't purchased this course so won't comment on it yet but Owen Shiels offers "From The Ground Up MTT Edition". That course also is at runitonce poker. It's a bit pricer at $150.00usd but probably still well worth it I would guess.

Hope some of that helps you out and gets you started in the right direction. Good luck at the tables and be sure to have fun.

EDIT: For leaks I recommend Poker Tracker 4(PT4). You'll have to play hands first but once get some hands played PT4 has a good piece of software included called "leak tracker". It will run an analysis and spit out results for you. The more hands you have the better. With a small number of hands though I typically work on things that are way outta the green. The things that are close are likely fixed with a larger sample size of hands or need a large sample size of hands to even show up.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
hello, nice to see you on the forum :)You can ask any questions regarding poker and sports and many will answer you!

A

AmeliaT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
You could try and look over your hand history where you made mistakes, where you ahead or behind when you put you chips in the middle ?
analysis of one's own actions is the best teacher and assistant. And if there are any other specific questions or you need advice, there are many experienced players on the forum who I am sure will be able to answer them for you

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you have any more questions, we are always happy to help all new forum members. If you have any problems, you can write both here and me in a private message. If you feel uncomfortable writing it for everyone, write in a private message I will always help you

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He is asking about live play specifically.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games