How different is Omaha?

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been playing Texas Hold em since i was first introduced to Poker but i never learned any other type. I was wondering what Omaha is like, is it much different, is it harder than holdem, are there different rules etc etc?

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think Omaha is not an easy game, so I would recommend Omaha hi/lo to practice learning Omaha while you are starting out. The reason being you can still win half the pot for low, if you do not have hi hand.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Ive been playing Texas Hold em since i was first introduced to Poker but i never learned any other type. I was wondering what Omaha is like, is it much different, is it harder than holdem, are there different rules etc etc?
Harder, I like playing Omaha, but I'm far from a good player, but do have my moments when I run well.
It's a posts flop game, what may have been the best hand preflop, quite often isn't that good post flop. You must use 2 cards from the four dealt to you to make a hand, in my experience if there is a straight or flush possibility on the board, someone most likely has it.

:top:

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people who play Omaha play pot limit Omaha. A beginner might think that because it's pot limit, the upswings and downswings might be smaller compared to no limit Hold'em but it is actually the opposite. ;)

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I won a ticket for a cash omaha game. I watched the rules on youtube and I started playing for the first time ever. For some reason I always thought omaha was much harder and that I would suck at it.
Let me tell you, I had the most fun in a while. I feel it requires a lot more thought process and is more challenging in a good way. I did a good job and for sure will be playing omaha a lot. You should give it a try and see how you like it:)

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best advice is that Omaha or Omaha H/L is a game of having the nuts. hands can swing lots with one card and don't be afraid to fold.

AA is not always a great hand to start with
Top two pair isn't a great hand
Play premium hands and still be prepared to fold on some flops.

O H/L
A-A-2-3 Double suited
A-A-2-4 Double suited
A-A-2-3 Suited
A-A-2-5 Double suited
A-A-2-4 Suited
A-A-3-4 Double suited
A-A-2-3 Non-suited
A-A-2-2 Double suited
A-A-3-5 Double suited
A-A-2-6 Double suited

O HI
A-A-K-K double suited
A-A-J-10, A-A-Q-J, A-A-K-Q double suited
A-A-Q-Q double suited
A-A-J-J double suited
A-A-10-10 double suited
A-A-9-9 double suited
A-A-x-x double suited, double pair, x is not an Ace
8-9-10-J, 9-10-J-Q, 10-J-Q-K double suited
K-K-Q-Q at least one suited
K-K-J-J at least one suited

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My answer will be simple and short - there are 1500 combinations in Hold'em and 270,000 combinations in Omaha.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha is the daughter of Texas Hold'em and is trying to overtake its parent in popularity. The main feature of Omaha and its difference from Hold'em is 4 closed hole cards instead of 2. When making combinations according to the rules of the game in Omaha, a player can use only 2 of his cards, and take the remaining 3 from the usual on the board.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only just started to learn and play omaha.

Have become addicted. Absolutely love it and can see it becoming my game of choice

G

gwooof

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't like to play ohama just not my favorite game don't have very good luck with it teaxs holdem is my game made so much money playing this game love this game can't wait to play live tournament again

4kingwildo

4kingwildo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omaha H/L, more predictable hands than in hold 'em, especially in pot limit, but you need to understand the game very well. I tried to learn for about a year, but unfortunately, I could not play it really good

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rules:
to start it is simple, observe the rules of the two forms of play. There are four action modes streets on the bets, are they: flop, turn, pre-flop and river.
Ranking: the rankings of the two games are exactly the same. Royal flush H being the best hand of the two variants.
First Difference: The first difference between Texas Holdem and Omaha is the number of cards distributed to each player before the flop. Meanwhile, in Texas Holdem, each of the players receives 2 cards. However, in Omaha, each player receives 4 closed cards. In this context, it means that to make big hands on Omaha is easy.
Second difference:
The second is that in Omaha we must use two closed cards. In both modes any poker hand will always consist of 5 cards. These poker hands will be a combination of closed cards and cards from the table. The way to use 5 card closed cards are different in Omaha and Holdem. In Holdem you can use both, one or none of the cards to form a hand. For example, if there are 4 cups on the table and you have the Ace of Cups as one of the closed cards, then you will have a flush on the Holdem. Already in Omaha, you should always use two of the 4 closed cards, no more or no less. Hands in the hands of holdem usually we have a betting structure in your favor. Players like to form big hands in Omaha. That is, you do not need a very complex mathematics to have 4 cards instead of 2, however, it becomes easy to form straights and good hands. Play games similar to HoldEm poker and sequels to the game on 8iz. Already winning in Omaha with pot limit is not a ride in the park, but it is easier than winning in Hold'em without limit. Definitely Holdem is more popular than Omaha. The game provides more features and shows a more competitive environment. It's good to know how to play more than one game, even if we are specialized in one.

Regie19

Regie19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love it...Omaha pot limit..lovely game:party: