How to deal with a player who shoves blind or raises blind

B

Beginnerpro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a very tough time with this sort of a guy on poker table. Pls provide tips.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Beat them with their own weapons (shove/raise) obviously ...

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a very tough time with this sort of a guy on poker table. Pls provide tips.

Never limp with those guys at the table, play a lot tighter, raising your strong hands and you will win a lot of chips.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't be influenced by the play style of other players.
While doing so, It can still say that You are a beginner.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raising in the blinds is fine in many cases, but shoving might be a huge mistake if the effective stacks are deep enough. In those situations, I'll just trap my opponent by calling in the small blind and then they shove in big blind and I call it off with a premium hand. This works for two reasons:

1) I balance my range in those cases by limping and raising with some premium hands as well as worse holdings.

2) We are deeper stacked when shoving is a mistake from their part. If shorter (say 10bbs or less), then shoving in the blinds for protection is more often than not the "correct" play to make so Villain(s) can't exploit us with re-raising All-In and forcing us to fold or call with zero fold equity.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Perhaps the best thing you can do in such situations is to be patient. Your patience is a weapon that will help defeat any opponents.
Good luck.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Against an opponent that is super aggressive, you have to widen your calling, raising ranges, the reason behind this is to stop villain from pushing you around, forcing him to slow down, othervise you will lose too much chips without defensing.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay within yourself, discipline

If opponent plays stupidly doesn't mean you have to follow their stupidity. Pick your spots, if you have them vastly out-chipped, if you have a superior hand, and can stand the loss, call occasionally, just to see opponent's reaction if they lose when they are called.
If you play the game to win, the bully call-anything, most of the time you either min call or fold to their bullying. A lot of them don't care about the game, they want a reaction: anger or frustration, often both. You can get them angry and frustrated by only playing the hands where you are a clear favorite and winning.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call with premium hands or shove, provided that you are playing heads-up.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tighten your range, dont limp trash in front of them, and before the hand figure out what you will call with(look at effective stack depth, icm, and your tourney equity).

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play with such an opponent, then watch his play from the beginning. Try to determine what he raises with. Narrow down your opening range. For example: QQ +, AKs, AKo. And catch the moment.
If you can't wait for the hand, you will see how others will do it.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Never clean. Play only better hands and always aggressive. Never let the flop open without it paying dearly.