How to counter Omaha maniac

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is an effective counter strategy vs Omaha maniac betting station?
Played this mtt yesterday where chip leader was raising all the crap, if he got reraised he just shoved it in with any garbage and hit alot of the times.
Like yeah get a good hand and wait right, but what even IS a good hand in omaha.
And the more folks fold without any fight the bigger his stack go and the more times you gota win vs him in all in situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not call them maniacs if their strategy is successful. They feed on fact that most of the players do not know the Omaha hands strength.
A good hand in Omaha should lead to a full house or a flush.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm currently in a game of pot limit Omaha and I'm short stacked to a chip leader that raises preflop alot. When I do have decent Omaha hands I would call then check on flop whilst chip leader does continuation bets. In that way if I hit a great flop I will only reraise or shove.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not call them maniacs if their strategy is successful. They feed on fact that most of the players do not know the Omaha hands strength.
A good hand in Omaha should lead to a full house or a flush.
Well a term maniac does not necesserily have somthing to do with the outcome. Maniac is just a betting station. And in Omaha its just any 4 cards can win. Folks just calling down with some AA thinking okay AA is good, but then guy shows some 27 two pairs.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Omaha it is better to look for the other types.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I encountered a lot of huge raises preflop. It all depends on strategy. Some may think that AA in Omaha is good so they raise big, but what they don’t understand is that it isn’t the best hand to have. I know they are hoping to catch a fh or a set, but the chances are low.
I suggest you call, but only with hands you think you can win, because they often bluff or over betting.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Omaha is a game for maniacs imo lol. Tough feat to counter someone that plays loose and wild in a game where the all in equities run so close together regardless of the cards you or they hold.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is a game for maniacs imo lol. Tough feat to counter someone that plays loose and wild in a game where the all in equities run so close together regardless of the cards you or they hold.
Yeah thats prety much what i thought. Especially in some micro mtts where people don't quite know how to play omaha theres no quite effective strat vs maniacs. Its like the whole table gota fight vs em together. But when you are the one, when you know he can survive like 3 al ins vs you and you cannot. It becomes tough.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually managed to double up vs that guy but then lost whole my stack to some donkey, i flop a set and he just called my al in with just a pair of aces. And got some runner runner strait or somthing. Man these donks man. I need to get to higher limits. I swear im losing most my chips to absolute donkeys.