How could I not lose this one?

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this happens a lot but i just want to share it.
My hand is 9-Q, i have a good stack at 2800 something, there are two others in the pot. I cant remember if we had a bet on the pre flop but when the flop came, there was 9-9-4.
So i was smiling and thinking how to maximize my win. So the betting at the flop went small at first then i just called then the other raised, and the first one re raised all in and i got him covered so i called again, but this other guy raised so i went all-in, and he called. So i was counting my win already..... (maximized)hehehe...:bootyshak:bootyshak
The first guy showed KK, i showed my 9Q, but the last guy, guess what...... he showed 44.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
He's got a full house, damn!! :banghead::banghead:The rest of the cards on the table did not help, so thats the game for me..... time to sleep early.

Guys, you think theres a way i could have avoided losing all my chips in this situation?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this happens a lot but i just want to share it.
My hand is 9-Q, i have a good stack at 2800 something, there are two others in the pot. I cant remember if we had a bet on the pre flop but when the flop came, there was 9-9-4.
So i was smiling and thinking how to maximize my win. So the betting at the flop went small at first then i just called then the other raised, and the first one re raised all in and i got him covered so i called again, but this other guy raised so i went all-in, and he called. So i was counting my win already..... (maximized)hehehe...:bootyshak:bootyshak
The first guy showed KK, i showed my 9Q, but the last guy, guess what...... he showed 44.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
He's got a full house, damn!! :banghead::banghead:The rest of the cards on the table did not help, so thats the game for me..... time to sleep early.

Guys, you think theres a way i could have avoided losing all my chips in this situation?

I once read in a book: "watch out for the trips"

But I think that most of the time you will win that spot. So I don't see an easy fold here. Maybe in the bubble but in another circumstance I see it very difficult.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since one of them had KK, there probably was a preflop raise. In which case, unless you were very deep stacked, and the Q9 was suited, and you had position, I'd suggest a fold.

44 is the kind of hand you hope to hit a lucky flop with.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Once on the flop, no way to get away from the hand. But entering the action pre flop, was avoidable depending on how it went down which you don't remember.