How to control your nerves?

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always fill nervous when you are playing for big money or when you just had a bad beat. That's happen to anybody even the professional players, but the difference is that the professional can forget quickly because he knows that his chance will come soon or later!
So, my advice is: Try to thing like professional players! good luck.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To think like a professional player,you need to be one...Good luck...

R

Romaliyskiy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one hundred percent, I agree with you, it really is so) good luck and good mood to everyone)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Usually, I can easily control my emotions. Moreover, I never worry during the game, because I always follow the bankroll management and thanks to this, I understand that there is no reason to worry.
Good luck.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you follow good bankroll management you will not play at levels which put pressure on you hence you will be much more calm and relaxed.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally when I'm in the middle of the game and I'm on tilt. I fold all my hands just to calm down. on the other hand I avoid starting a session if I don't have the motivation or the right state of mind to play my A game.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Once I played for a large sum of money online and I spontaneously began to shake from the cold in a warm house ... an unforgettable excitement:D:nurse:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You always fill nervous when you are playing for big money or when you just had a bad beat. That's happen to anybody even the professional players, but the difference is that the professional can forget quickly because he knows that his chance will come soon or later!
So, my advice is: Try to thing like professional players! good luck.

This is good advice for sure!

To it I will add practice deep breathing, slow down your breathing, slow down your mind, don't try to process too many variables at once and this will help you to calm down.

Regarding the bigger stakes, it is natural to feel a little anxious when a pot is getting big and stakes are rising. With practice the mind and body acclimate to the higher limits and won't have the same sort of reaction. It just requires 'conditioning'

And for the extra achievers out there who would like to learn more, here is a video!

B

baykoshkar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have nerves from long games. I usually put on skipping distributions and go to eat

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the person, if he is nervous in life for some moments, then in poker it will be difficult for him to restrain them, because both in poker and in life you need to keep your nervous system under control. Don't take on responsible work, just like in poker, don't play at high limits if you are not confident enough that you will be able to cope with the loss. Good luck to all.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing a day or two and come back stronger !

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i calm my nerves with fitness and a punching bag

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the ULTRA for my nerfs. Precision control every time! Aim high and shoot for the stars!

Attachments

• NERF ULTRA.jpg
    NERF ULTRA.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 8
L

lynnster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when I am multi tabling and go on tilt because of a bad beat at one table, I find it difficult to keep my composure at the other tables

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, very good advice, I hope so, that my dream of being a Professional Poker Player comes true. You have to learn to control the feelings when you are playing. Cheers

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right on the point
The bad beat are not forever