How to conqueror bad loss streak after win streak?

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I hit some decent wins, but lately im losing a lot. Mostly get bad beats river and turn... I believe after getting first 2 places in like 6 tournaments in a row i got cocky and started to believe im super good at poker. Now all i can think off is how much money i could make in short period of time if i would focus, but can't get focus out of prizes, what position im in, am i above average stack and so on. Also can't stand losing bigger percentage of my stack than 20%.. I start to panic. Any ideas what should i do?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I hit some decent wins, but lately im losing a lot. Mostly get bad beats river and turn... I believe after getting first 2 places in like 6 tournaments in a row i got cocky and started to believe im super good at poker. Now all i can think off is how much money i could make in short period of time if i would focus, but can't get focus out of prizes, what position im in, am i above average stack and so on. Also can't stand losing bigger percentage of my stack than 20%.. I start to panic. Any ideas what should i do?
play calmly be patient wait:cool:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When a bad streak is lasting too much time, I usually take a break or I only play freerolls for a couple of days. It's also interesting to review your hand history and take more time to study the game.

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm gonna sleep after that sesh. It's normal be calm

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe it's just a dispersion effect, you can take a break for a few days and look at your hands, there's nothing to worry about of course

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Ye, but i can't figure out what im doin wrong really. Bluffs doesn't work out, flop nuts get cracked on turn river and so on. Simply unlucky streak i guess.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are tilting----Even when we win it can cause a type of tilt---"i'm super good at poker"---Tilt is when we react emotionally not rationally to a game which has a good amount of variance in it----There are books on tilt- Jared Tendler ---The Mental game of poker --is good ----get that and read it and start using the strategies----

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Im always on tilt, I keep playing A rag and Iknow better

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Friend, take a break! You should not play all tournaments at once after winning several. It's impossible to win all of them, just take a break

dzubis

dzubis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
You are tilting----Even when we win it can cause a type of tilt---"i'm super good at poker"---Tilt is when we react emotionally not rationally to a game which has a good amount of variance in it----There are books on tilt- Jared Tendler ---The Mental game of poker --is good ----get that and read it and start using the strategies----
Thanks. I don't enjoy reading books, but i might get this one tho. I believe u explained thing what i couldn't understand myself very well.