How to bluff successfully?

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the spot that you have used to bluff successfully?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im afraid there is no correct answer. Bluff is a story that you must retell convincingly. All your moves must make sense so your opponent believes you. So if you planing to bluff think it through.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Im afraid there is no correct answer. Bluff is a story that you must retell convincingly. All your moves must make sense so your opponent believes you. So if you planing to bluff think it through.

Nah. bluffing is even better when your moves dont make any sense whatsoever.
Usually this works quite well in Cardchat games :cool:

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a successful bluff depends on your position at the table, if you open from early position, then when the pictures come out, I always make a bluff.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is easiest to bluff against players with a small stack and you have a large one.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

To bluff successfully you need to know and understand the style of play of your opponent. You can do this rarely, but confidently. I think an understanding of this process comes to us with experience. I do not recommend bluffing for beginners without experience.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

It's not easy to answer your question. Bluffing does not depend just on a certain spot. I'd say it depends more on the kind of player you want to bluff and how well you've been observing what they were doing throughout the game.
One thing I'm sure about : Don't bluff in the micro stakes. They'll call you with bottom pair lol.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to pick bluffs that make sense. If there is 3 to a straight out there and you have a blocker, that is one example. But the line you take also has to make sense. If the story doesn't make sense you are probably getting called.

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its depends of situations, and depends of your opponent ) It's a part of the game man you should choice the best situation to bluff successfully.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank you for posting

the best spot to bluff is when you have the range advantage and there are a lot of cards that help your range on the following streets.

Example

HJ opens we call in the big blind with QsTs

flop=7s 5h 2c this flop crushes our range-HJ bets we check raise bluff using our range not our cards

Cards that help our range 9-8-7-6-5-4-3 Q any spade. We can even bluff an Ace versus tighter villains

We then bet the turn when any of those cards hit.

Hope this helps
:):)