dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
SIZE-BET
Good players will mix up their bet size depending on the hand strength. In fact, this method will be very effective when you only have to face poor players. When encountering amateur players, you should bet more with strong hands and limit bluffing or betting with weak hands.

What's wrong? Because these players absolutely do not pay attention to the details of how to bet or your bet size, they only pay attention to what cards they have. When facing this type of opponent, you should find a way to raise the pot and find more value if you think your hand is much stronger than your opponent and limit bluffing because they will rarely know how to fold.

What about good players? They will pay close attention to your bet size in previous rounds or hands. Therefore, you will easily reveal the strength of your hand through bet size. "Standardizing" bet size in any situation will help you become more dangerous in their eyes.

For example, when you make a C-bet situation on the flop equivalent to 60% of the pot, you should do this even if you have a top set, a small pair or even an air (bluff, semi-bluff trade). . How to bet SIZE at MMT?

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thank you for sharing this insightful post on bet sizing. I found your observations about bet sizing against different types of opponents to be particularly valuable... Sometimes i play too much crazy or too much safer ;(

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Bad players really don’t pay attention to much of anything. I agree that you can get away with way larger bets pre-flop because they will just call without thinking twice. This is great for value betting all 3 streets. Not good for bluffing so don’t even try it lol