How to beat Microstakes?

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've started to play in cash games and I had a bad day.....Help me??

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First try not to win but not to loose.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
position is key.....oh, and isolating fish....

PokerGrinder

PokerGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think as chips as money. Think of chips as a tool to win other peoples chips. If you're scared to lose, then you will lose.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crushing the Microstakes, Nathan “BlackRain79” Williams

This book will help you, author well describes the game at the microstakes.

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you read it ?Is it good? I want to buy Power Hold'em Strategy..

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never give up! i`m in the same situation. I got bad days and good days to. Choose your cards and position and make a lose limit like if you lose 3 BI than you sit out.

C

capara20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should study some poker then, consider your position, possible draws and think that most of the time people don't bullshit so stay away from ALL-IN pre flop .

S

subdylzep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
microstakes are the hardest to win i promise you!... I do much better in high stakes poker than i do in low stakes poker any day of the week. The thing to remember is that THEY DONT CARE! its microstakes. Best advice, save money and play higher stakes because too many people will just keep calling and calling hoping to get lucky, being drunk, or just not caring, or actually being bad and trying to gamble! SAVE MONEY, play higher stakes where people care about their money and their chips, you will play against better players, remember you cant bluff a bad player only a good player, so no good plays will help you here and good cards wont help you either becasue people are trying to suck out or get lucky becasue lets be honest, Its 1$ ... i can find that on the ground and thats the way they will look at it. Yes i have come up plenty of times playing microstakes but its not because of skill, its only because i am having a good run of cards against people who dont care. Its a crapshoot, its not worth your time and will only frustrate you if you try to play real poker against many people who dont care. So good luck and play higher stakes if you want to play real poker!

N

NorskNewman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yikes the advice you're getting...
Listen . micros are a circus but they are beatable . Take it from me because I am doing it. I didn't save money to play "better players" . Do you really want to play against better players? I'd rather play with bad players who make mistakes all the time, any day of the week.
First off get a hud. Second bankroll management is paramount. Don't jump stakes. Play 20k hands of optimal poker, your very best poker. Post hands that confuse you or you just want advice on in the forums. Learn.
Give yourself a chance to be good. If you don't practice proper bankroll management and fend off tilt whilst learning off the felt via videos and hand analysis; you aren't giving yourself a chance to be good.
Poker is a long term game. Insert cliche here.

Winners aren't thinking in terms of cash games this month , or tournaments this week. No. It's all long term windows of time. Embrace this and it will change your game alone.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play cash micro, to VPPs, to play the monthly tournament 1k of cardschat. An idea for you, study. And watch out for the following day's hangover to a bad day

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yikes the advice you're getting...
Listen . micros are a circus but they are beatable . Take it from me because I am doing it. I didn't save money to play "better players" . Do you really want to play against better players? I'd rather play with bad players who make mistakes all the time, any day of the week.
First off get a hud. Second bankroll management is paramount. Don't jump stakes. Play 20k hands of optimal poker, your very best poker. Post hands that confuse you or you just want advice on in the forums. Learn.
Give yourself a chance to be good. If you don't practice proper bankroll management and fend off tilt whilst learning off the felt via videos and hand analysis; you aren't giving yourself a chance to be good.
Poker is a long term game. Insert cliche here.

Winners aren't thinking in terms of cash games this month , or tournaments this week. No. It's all long term windows of time. Embrace this and it will change your game alone.
Spot on advice could not have said it better myself......scorp

crazyforchips

crazyforchips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight! Play pocket pairs and suited broadways. Big strong when you hit the flop. It is important to crush the fish when you hit on flop,turn and the river.

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some says that microstacks it`s hard to beat some says it`s easy.
I think it`s simple. Have to play ABC poker. If you hit a good hand have to bet for value if you miss the board than easy fold. Some table selection can help for search for recruit players. Don`t need to get in action with good players there are many fish who jut wait for you. Ther are many time when you lost with AA, KK, AK because a fish made call with J9o,52o, K6 and he gets a set or two pairs but you just have to go on cas this happens 2-3 time from 10 and the rest you will win and the roll is growing.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad days happen to everybody in this game. You could be Phil Ivey playing the lowest stakes and you will still lose sometimes. One of the best things that you can do when this happens is:

1. Quit for the day - do not go on tilt and blow a bunch of stacks. Poker is a long term game. One day or even one week of play means basically nothing.

2. Use it as an opportunity to improve - review your hands in a poker tracking program and honestly ask yourself if you played to the best of your ability. Did you maximize your value and lose the least when behind?

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Youre not alone.

If you feel its not your day because of badbeats/suckouts left and right, just quit and come back later. Poker will always be there. Dont continue and prove something.

Above all, have to protect and preserve our BR.

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has their bad days. Everyone has times when they make stupid moves. The difference between the good players and the bad players is that they can see the difference between the two. So look through your hands and see which it is. Bad moves are fine, as long as you learn from them so you don't repeat them.

If you've had a particularly horrible session, take a day or two off. However long it takes to "forget" about the bad day. Vent to friends or someone, it sometimes helps. If you are focused on the loss your previous session, you won't be playing your best.

Second. Microstakes are easier than higher stakes, but microstakes have more variance. people will suckout on you more because they will stay in the hand more with crap to catch their miracle rivers. Expect to have crap moments because of it.

So, my advice. Take a day, casually look over the hands to see if you did anything wrong. Adjust if you did. If you can't tell, post the hands here on the hand-analysis forum (great, great resource btw, I really recommend it). Take any lessons you can from it, and play poker again when you feel you can put the bad day in the past (could a be an hour afterward, could be a week afterward. Only you can know this one.)