how to avoid losing your mind ????

K

karkachi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys, I come here to ask for advice not to lose your mind with the deck, which is sometimes very cruelll !!!

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys, I come here to ask for advice not to lose your mind with the deck, which is sometimes very cruelll !!!

The Mental Game of Poker - Jared Tendler
Good Read.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break or study your play. Maybe you are making a bad decision.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a long time where i had a lot of emotions. But i trained to put them behind. Now i just think, was my move right or wrong and where did i lost the pot? Just think about your decision and not about how the flip comes. If you have a bad beat, are you just unlucky or do you play bad? Thats important in my opinion.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubbleboy due to kings here called preflop shove instead of being first of
3 with nice prize looking good chip leader.:eek::eek::eek:
End up desperate shortstack in 4th place and when I shove ace rag with a couple bbs busted 3rd.
I find laughing helps and when fall off horse just get back on saddle and keep going.:)
Thats poker next!:D
Week 1 task 1

June week 2

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Have something else going on in your life and don't rely on poker. Never put poker first.

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just remember that the more often you play properly, the more you will win in the long run. Getting on a run of cold cards is a horrible. I have been on quite a few and, especially when I first started playing, thought about swearing off the game all together. When you're hitting cold decks, take a break for a little bit and study up on your game. Brush up, get stronger and get back out there.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i'm tilted or running bad, i simply take a break, read books or poker strat videos on youtube

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, Tendler actually gives some great advice that will help. I also smoke a lot of Mary Jane :)

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you play poker you lost your mind a long time ago.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Control your emotions.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's the same as anything else that drives you out of your mind, you divorce it. J/k.

Ask for a new deck.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just know that when the deck is cruel like it is for me. You just have to keep grinding and at some point it will happen.

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exercising helps and revise poker theory to understand the variance in the game.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Have realistic expectations before you sit down to play, know that bad beats and 'brutal' outcomes are possible.

And most importantly, play within your bankroll limits, this will prevent your emotions from getting too involved because finances are directly related to emotions

That's where tournaments can really drive people insane, and a big reason I prefer cash games over tournaments. That means I give up the 'rush' but that's not what I play poker for anyway :)