How to approach the late stages of freerolls?

EnigmaTTO

EnigmaTTO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've been playing the $10 freerolls on America's Card Room and last night I feel like I played pretty well, managing to finish 14th. However, I wasn't super confident on how to keep progressing once I got to that point as the table was getting bullied by two people who were in the money and had stacks almost triple the size of mine. How should I be playing at that point?

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've been playing the $10 freerolls on America's Card Room and last night I feel like I played pretty well, managing to finish 14th. However, I wasn't super confident on how to keep progressing once I got to that point as the table was getting bullied by two people who were in the money and had stacks almost triple the size of mine. How should I be playing at that point?

Try to have at least 50% of their stack in that moment or better. If not, wait for any ace and use the position against them and just shove. You can't do much if few people are bullying the rest of the table because you are gonna lose chips from ante and blinds and u have to react fast.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Approach it with a beer and with a final table of 10k grtd in another window. :D

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The first thing is not to let yourself be invaded by the feeling that you could be eliminated, since that is one of the mental traps in which most players fall, just forget about that and keep playing as you came safe from your plays:cool:

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At any point in any game:
If you get bullied by massive stacks:
- play like a nit (99+ AQs+)
- if possible see flops cheap

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for a good hand and shove

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very cautiously enter on finals

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think of how long u have been playing and stay calm , keep playing the way you we re playing. Shove once u get a very good hand .

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
going all in with big hands and throwing away pessimistic hands. He should also try to explore the tournament bubble by putting pressure on the short stack

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bb

Final table is all in and fold......and sometimes blinds stealing ...Very tight aproach i think is the best way to earn more money.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tighter and be willing to let your blinds go while waiting for a hand you're comfortable either paying to see the flop or going all-in. You can't limp too often or you'll just reduce your stack even faster so you have to be smart about it.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing I've noticed some players do is just fold fold fold even though they are down to like 3 blinds. I've seen players fold on SB even though they are down to sometimes less than 1 BB.

What?

Call with ATC in that situation. Even if you get AA, if you are down to like 2 BB and double up, that's not really gonna do you any good.

If you are right on the bubble, then ok I can see folding junk and hoping you back into the money,but most times, you gotta fight for your life rather than just bleed out.

And once you get to the final table where the stack to blinds ratio is small, it comes down to luck. If you are lucky enough to get QQ+ at this time, you will probably last longer. If you don't get a great hand, you will have to shove with ok hands. Try to be the first one to shove. If someone shoves in front of you, then tighten up.

EnigmaTTO

EnigmaTTO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the good advice everyone, managed to finish ITM today in one of the freerolls! Not being afraid of getting knocked out was a huge help, especially when one or two plays didn't work out and had me a bit low on chips. Hopefully I can keep replicating that success.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing is not to let yourself be invaded by the feeling that you could be eliminated, since that is one of the mental traps in which most players fall, just forget about that and keep playing as you came safe from your plays:cool:
this is an absolute key to winning poker mtt and should remeber this when your the big stack. this can make you crush the field

Freeroll Passwords