Holdem tip from a long time player

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Careful here, if you are using this information to determine if you should raise or not. If you're considering raising, not calling, then you need to run your equity against the range of hands he continues with after your bet. If he's folding the worst of his range, it is possible that you won't have an advantage anymore.

Also, a 51% showdown equity (which is what the calculators show) doesn't mean calling pre-flop is going to be instantly profitable either. You have several streets left where more money could go into the pot and where you might be forced to fold. Certain hands will have a harder time realizing their equity when out of position, especially if your opponent is aggressive.
All very good points.

I wasn't exactly trying to go too much into it other than just think of ranges and not just a specific hand, but that's for taking it further.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am super excited to try out all your math you dished out on an EV calc (which I can't atm cuz Stars is open).

I'm going to say this at the risk of sounding like a huge fan girl. You are the most mathematically inclined player I've met on the CC forums and dispense your knowledge so willingly I've become a huge fan of yours. Lots of respect to you sir! :D
+1:cool:

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great advice

I just played cards cash social media freeroll and I had at my table a brazilina that just kept raisin all the tim3G 4G every hand, did'n let me play, I tried to attac but i lost everything, this advices will be great to improve my game and try to do something with those players:p

E

ElRosado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do I have?
What does he have?
What makes sense (based on bet)?
What do I want him to think I have?
Nobody is bluffing me.
These go thru my head every action of every hand.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am reminded of the party poket ad years ago. He gets hit by an oncoming train thinking his opponent is bluffing.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules