Holdem or omaha?

cldvdldlm

cldvdldlm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think is more important to start well in the poker world?
I would like to learn well and I have seen that there is Holdem Texas and Omaha. Is there a big difference between the two?
which is the most used?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Omaha is more dispersive in my opinion. Try both and choose what you like best.

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Hold em better. seems to involve more fundamentals.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer hold'em. Omaha has more cards and to me more complicated.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say get a good grounding in holdem and then try a variant of Omaha.

Holdem gives me indigestion - but Omaha gives me a migraine!

Good luck !

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To Omaha do not play, you know superficially.Unfortunately I can't help playing no limit hold'em.As some members advise to try both and choose one for yourself...

wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha is more dispersive in my opinion. Try both and choose what you like best.
hello, in my personal opinion, I think texan holdem is the base to master all the variants of poker, it allows you to know the hands that most favor you, how to play with the position, how to do bluff and each and every one of the details that for example in Omaha would be difficult to digest for the great variance that there is in each time a letter falls to the table.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is most complicated than texas poker. If you have high IQ, you can try Omaha. This is just my opinion. Good luck.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holdem or omaha - there is no unambiguous answer. I mostly play NL Holdem - this is the first kind of poker (and also the most common), which I have mastered. In omaha, I like the logic and dynamics of the game. In general, I think that omaha is the next step after holdem.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hold em or Omaha. Which is harder. Sorta reminds me of checkers or chess comparisons.

Hold em is played more, as you can tell anytime you try to find a table.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold'em is the better game to learn poker overall I think. Omaha has more cards and more variables for you to think about so it's usually smart to get the basics down in hold'em.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem is by far most common. I'd have to say Omaha is more commonly played by the old salts and rocks. It's a great game, if high/low however, be prepared for split pots most of the time.

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could try both and some strategies could be shared among these 2 games. I would say omaha has more variance than holdem

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
texas holdem is of course the most popular variant in the world,
Although this game is simple to learn, it still has the potential to be played with a number of strategies, tactics and nuances obviously infinite.

With Omaha it is common to win at slaughter with nuts. It is also a game where the player can play several different draws simultaneously.

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started with texas holdem and when I felt comfortable after a few months of play I expanded into other forms of poker, including omaha.
Omaha is a little more complex.
Your learning curve may be shorter. I started knowing virtually nothing about playing any card games.

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold'em is the most played variant, and the easiest to learn. The percentages are clear and the rules too. Omaha is a bit more complicated and the possibilities of hands are much bigger, making it harder to learn and master

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find Omaha a fun way. It has many variants to be able to form a game with your cards and that makes it exciting and that makes us think much more. I prefer Holdem, but sometimes I get into an Omaha table to have some fun and change a little game. regards

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It takes more of you to play Omaha, I like it better. I think you can
win more at Omaha.

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion needs to start with Holdem Texas. This is the basis of poker. The rules are simple. In Omaha in my opinion, you can start playing for a diversity)

T

ThinkIllcallUwitha5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold em first, Omaha has too many things to think of. Playing PLO made a full house on the river and got beat by a higher full house, and that is pretty common in omaha, whereas in NLHE that would be an uncommon bad beat.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules