Hobby-Poker

G

Geston

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Did some1 start playing poker without any deposits and started building own bankroll beginning from freerolls?

This is way I play, Im not looking for sense of that, cause as said in title - its just my hobby. But Im curious, if there are people like me, who won first cash in freeroll and was that just a first step to further cash-play.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my initial training was in freeroll, i like free money, thanks to cardschat for all the freerolls that helped me with my bankroll

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Freeroll is great

I also started playing freeroll.

But I tell you: it is good for you to play tight and go to other satellites and play tight too, because in this type of game the rules of learning the hands that you should play and their position does not apply.

Start to learn when a player bluffs taking notes and becomes familiar with the paid game.

Cardschat freerolls are great because they filter more and people play quite differently from the other freerolls I mentioned

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did some1 start playing poker without any deposits and started building own bankroll beginning from freerolls?

This is way I play, Im not looking for sense of that, cause as said in title - its just my hobby. But Im curious, if there are people like me, who won first cash in freeroll and was that just a first step to further cash-play.

I was that person. My first deposit was after 2 or 3 years of playing. But the times I played in pokerstars, there were so many freerolls that you did not need to deposit money :D:D:D. There were around 10 freerolls per day with good prize funds and it was impossible to be on 0 in the cash, so a lot of time I have played in that way.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am doing exactly that. I started playing freerolls only without deposit and after i earned around 40$ i started also playing micro MTTs with 0.55$ buyin.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Freeroll is a very variable tournament with no rules, but yes, it is simple to make money in it and possible to create a bankroll, inclusive. I've already won and won several freerolls and I can tell you, it is something relaxing, but the bad beat is more usual.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I won $1.40 in a CC freeroll back in February 2020.

I now have a BR that is $1,600.

H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good when you' re bored, or u dont have money and want to win from 0 :D

georgel2384

georgel2384

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I also play like this. And i made a nice bankroll. it's not much , but is more fun when you win money :D

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game is a life situation!Each situation has its pros and cons.Freeroll is a run-up for novice players.You can't build a bankroll on it.Learn more.Try harder.And everything will be at the proper level!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker is more of a hobby, then of course you should start with freerolls, collect bankrolls, and try to get everything out of nothing.

But if you are serious about poker and want to earn serious amounts, then you need to invest not a small amount. The money rule is always the same. You invest more , you get more, you invest little , you get little.:)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If poker is more of a hobby, then of course you should start with freerolls, collect bankrolls, and try to get everything out of nothing.

But if you are serious about poker and want to earn serious amounts, then you need to invest not a small amount. The money rule is always the same. You invest more , you get more, you invest little , you get little.:)

You invest more, you risk more. Not all large rewards require large risks.

Building a roll from scratch is something most of the legends have been able to do and it is one of the most appealing aspects of poker. This is why poker boomed so much in the early 2000s, and some of those people who flocked to the game back then ended up making a lot of money. While I understand depositing can skip the early stages of limit climbing, I don't think it takes a good player much time to build a roll appropriate to their desired level of play. Also, an inexperienced player can learn a lot of inexpensive lessons at the micro stakes level while perfecting their mental approach to the game (handling swings or minimizing swings).

It's for these reasons why when I decided to play poker again this year, I did so without depositing. My mental approach to the game has subtly shifted from the result (winning money) to the experience (having fun). By lowering risk, we can increase the chance we are having fun. :)

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Have had at least 13 poker sites where I have gone from zero to hero, I mean zero to $500 using freerolls. I usually do a withdrawal around then because since black Friday, I have not trusted any poker site. Any and all of them can put your account at zero when the government from the land of the free feels like dropping in.

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sat at the table for a long time, played in the CIS, made deposits, then there was a break, now I play freerolls, sometimes I enter ITM, most often not, but for me it's still a hobby, which sometimes becomes a good addition to my wallet ... :)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You invest more, you risk more. Not all large rewards require large risks.

Building a roll from scratch is something most of the legends have been able to do and it is one of the most appealing aspects of poker. This is why poker boomed so much in the early 2000s, and some of those people who flocked to the game back then ended up making a lot of money. While I understand depositing can skip the early stages of limit climbing, I don't think it takes a good player much time to build a roll appropriate to their desired level of play. Also, an inexperienced player can learn a lot of inexpensive lessons at the micro stakes level while perfecting their mental approach to the game (handling swings or minimizing swings).

It's for these reasons why when I decided to play poker again this year, I did so without depositing. My mental approach to the game has subtly shifted from the result (winning money) to the experience (having fun). By lowering risk, we can increase the chance we are having fun. :)

To feel comfortable in the game, you must have a minimum of 100 buy-ins and adhere to proper bankroll management. For example, you play NL2 cash for it needs $ 200, how long will you earn this amount in freerolls? What if you play pokerstars like me, where there are very few freerolls?

I think that regular players, when they enter a new pokerroom for the purpose of earning money, will not spend time building a small bankroll through freerolls, but will Deposit $ 100 and will calmly play microlimits and have more winnings per hour than playing freerolls.

And the risk is always there, the probability of falling in a row of red is unpredictable, not the fact that you will not lose in one day the 20-30 dollars that you have been going for months. This is poker, if you are afraid of losing a large amount, it is better not to start.

As for the legends of poker, unfortunately there are only a few dozen of them out of millions of people playing poker, you should not look for a new Negreanu in every player.:)

A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I did not treat poker as a hobby, I would stop playing it for a long time.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To feel comfortable in the game, you must have a minimum of 100 buy-ins and adhere to proper bankroll management. For example, you play NL2 cash for it needs $ 200, how long will you earn this amount in freerolls? What if you play pokerstars like me, where there are very few freerolls?

I think that regular players, when they enter a new pokerroom for the purpose of earning money, will not spend time building a small bankroll through freerolls, but will Deposit $ 100 and will calmly play microlimits and have more winnings per hour than playing freerolls.

And the risk is always there, the probability of falling in a row of red is unpredictable, not the fact that you will not lose in one day the 20-30 dollars that you have been going for months. This is poker, if you are afraid of losing a large amount, it is better not to start.

As for the legends of poker, unfortunately there are only a few dozen of them out of millions of people playing poker, you should not look for a new Negreanu in every player.:)

I believe you are misinterpreting my post. "Building a bankroll from freerolls" simply means never depositing. The moment one wins $1 in a freeroll, they should be playing real money games! The whole point is to climb limits, and freerolls are the lowest you can go.

The only thing separating any poker player from Negranu, is experience. Don't underestimate what a trained mind can do. :)

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Without freerolls, the site is not interesting.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Freerolls are the best way to start without risking money, many professionals started that way. You can even see the story of Annette Obrestad, one of the best players in the world, she started playing freerolls; I never deposit your money.

G

Geston

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im getting pretty confident playing day after day. Its rather easy to compete in early and middle stages of tournaments. Im having more trouble at the ends.

But... last night, 5$ is 5$ :)

https://i.imgur.com/uVUb6de.jpg