hitting a flop

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you are supposed to hit a flop about 1 in 3 although I swear lately I'm counting about 1 in ten. How often are you supposed to hit a flop? Do others feel like they are not hitting the flop anywhere near 1 in 3 over a long period of time? I'm assuming hitting a flop means making a pair or better on the flop.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where did you see or hear that you're supposed to hit a flop 1-3 times? Never heard that before.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on what I've read, you're right. It's about 1 in 3 for any given cards. But your experience may vary depending on your range. If you're not pairing anything, you're simply in a downswing. That happens. You just have to play through it. :)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks, I'm not sure where I saw that stat but I know I heard it somewhere. I guess it's for unpaired cards only. I don't count the pairs as making a set on the flop is more like what, 1 in 7.5? Yes, I guess it is one way to judge whether you are running good or bad, whether you are hitting the flop as much as you should be.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you are right. You flop at least a pair with unpaired cards 1 out of 3 flops based on the Gordon's little green book :)

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 in 3 maybe of all of the range, which includes 7-2, probably higher when you play normal tight ranges which removes 70% of the hands.