HIT or MISS

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have a bank of $100 or so, I play double ups, and hyper turbos for the most part, and I am decently consistent. But I can not stay away from the HIGH guarantees or $10+ R+A, where I have had no success. Should I keep slugging away, and hope my luck turns? or... find a new game plan?

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is your entire bankroll $100? If so I would suggest studying BRM (bank roll management) and understanding that $10 is too much to play in MTTs.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that staying away from the $10 as they are too large for a $100 roll especially when you need to plan on making multiple rebuys in those types of tournaments. Stick to what works til you get a bigger roll.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
M8 $10 is too much.. Try with a lot smaller bay in with rebay ;)

D

disorder64

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
But I can not stay away from the HIGH guarantees or $10+ R+A, where I have had no success.

I think you answered your own question. If you are not having success in these tournaments, it might be that you aren't ready to move up to that buy in. Especially in a rebuy/add on, where it is likely you will need to put more than the original $10 into the tournament. Not sure where you are playing, but on ACR, they have a lot of really cheap, but really decent guarantees.

Also, you mentioned your bankroll is always around $100. Is is getting bigger, and you are withdrawing funds? Or does it get smaller/do you bust and reload? Or, do you just kind of go up and down, around that $100, never really losing or winning much? If you aren't building up your bankroll, which you would need to do in order to start putting money into bigger tournaments, you should try to figure out what you are doing wrong, and what you need to do to get to that next level.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing a $30 buy in tournament (which is what $10 + R + A is) when you have a $100 bankroll is not a good idea. You should have at least 100 tournament buy ins, so $1 tournaments are more in your price range.

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is up and down with the $100 I do fall below sometimes but I can quickly grind back to $100, I have been on the plus side of $350 but as my bank increases so do my buy-ins, I think because I have great success in live games that I see no difference between the two. But I have been online playing for almost 3 years I can not find nothing steady besides DOUBLES and 6/6 HYPERS, and that gets extremely annoying.

But what I hate the most is low stakes ( 1c/2c even 25c/50c) I do great with live spread games $1/$2 .

What I put into online poker is $100 I can add but risk/reward for me is not there because of the unsuccessful past I have had with online.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If I were you I wouldn't play at all a $10R/A. let's be honest is a huge buy-in relatively to your poker roll! A safe advice would be continue playing what you are already playing and give some shots to some $1 MTTs. I searched your profile and i saw that you also play on ACR.I play there too and I love that software btw. There is a $400gtd with a $1.10 buy in.

The field is small and the last time I registere, there was a very nice $100+ prize for first. I also don't know if one of those days they cut down the late registration from 2 to 1 hour!!!!! OMG what a gift right???Hope to help you out a little beat. :D

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-3 USD buy-in tournaments would be ok with that bankroll of yours.

I used to ignore good BRM practices but now that I take BRM into account, my results are much better. I suggest you do the same.

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I whould not play in that tourney I would play in 11dollars tourneys that included sunday storm