Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Very interesting article.

Now I learnt that poker first originated years and years ago in China. The evolution of this game is amazing. It's true that we don't precisely know the origins of Holdem, although this game format is now the most popular worldwide!

:cool:

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally valid to link to a story and the emergence that we do not perform for hours and hours.
Like any and all ancient history, there are rumors of a group (time) and at the same time that documents may be occurring otherwise ... very complex.

Things are not fulfilled, they are not continued as old stories, because they are the best we have at the moment.

Congratulations on that approach, very clever!

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was interesting to learn the history of poker, I want to believe that the game will get its second peak of popularity

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! Thank you for another great article! I play Texas Holdem more than 5 years, but never studied the history of poker. It's no surprise, that one of the hiphotesis of the origin of poker game is China. To my mind they are first gambler in the world. In any case thanks to the poker creators! Because now poker is more than just a game for me, it's although way to find new friends (for example I found here, in the CardsChat forum many friends, who can help me in the different situations).

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There are and some other very important archeological findings. The twelve faience tiles with the repeated, written characters on one side, which came to light during the excavation in the Minoan Palace of Zakros, Crete, Greece, may speak of a game based on the same principle as some modern card games, such as poka and poker! This goes many centuries back around 3000 b.c.!!!:cool::cool:

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a card game like poker is today a fairly well-known and popular way to enjoy your leisure time. From this article, I learned that poker is a game that came into the modern world from the distant past and today there are many different versions of its origin.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was aware of the history going back to france but not to China, though playing cards are sort of similar to dominos or Mah Jong tiles, so it does make sense.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Other historians of the game, on the other hand, say that poker has a totally different origin and comes from a French word, "poque", that named a game of that nationality. Born from the French "poque", or not, the game was changing and evolving. In its beginnings it included only 32 cards and, little by little, it was reaching the 52 cards that make up the deck at present.:wink:

In such a case, “Short Deck” or “6+” is a return to the origins of Hold'em. Moreover, 6+ is a more dynamic game and therefore is better suited for offline, it has more action.

If we talk about history, it is possible that it was China that created the idea of poker, as a game with the need to collect some strong hand from the available random cards. It fits well with their philosophy - patiently using available resources for success. But modern Chinese poker is a separate game, although you can find a lot in common between them. ;)

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Nice cool article to know about this great game ! I did not know that the wsop was played since the 70s I would like to see more documentals on poker history and WSOP highlights to see the greatest poker players of every decade !

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before the article I thought that there was a German card game that was sort of a lying game (lots of bluffing), and it had a name similar to today's poker. Then French took that card game, made it slightly better and more enjoyable and called it "Poque" or something like that :)

It came as a surprise to see that the game actually originates from 900 A.D. China :) Sounds quite cool to know that :)

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Good article , as a poker fan its nice to now have a reply to where poker originates from , Cant wait to get asked about it so i can show off my knowledge ^^

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
All of this information was pretty new for me, especially those painted dominoes.
According to Wikipedia, Chris Ferguson started to play online poker with IRC poker.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, very good article on the history of poker, I had read about this and I was surprised how France, did not know that part of the story so it was something new and interesting to know about this great game, thanks to online poker rooms you can play worldwide. I hope someday I can play a WSOP. It is one of the biggest tournaments in the world.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for article... Didn't know all these facts, very interesting information for me as a poker player

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I saw some videos on YouTube about the prior poker. It is a nice poker culture.
Nice cool article to know about this great game ! I did not know that the WSOP was played since the 70s I would like to see more documentals on poker history and WSOP highlights to see the greatest poker players of every decade !

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting. The truth is that every day more passionate about this game. Thank you for comppartir this information ...

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love any history and more histories about things I like to do. There's about 3 years I've made a little quest about the beginnings of poker and I could become a fan of some players like Jhonny Moss, Puggy pearson, Amarillo Slim and Doyle Brunson.
If anyone is interested to knowing WSOP Champions of all time, in wikipedia has a list, it is a beginning.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Series_of_Poker_Main_Event_champions

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was not interested in the history of poker,I just like to play it !It is interesting to learn a little about the history of poker,thank you !

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
An incredible game. The most impressive and something that I believe to occur in other games is the chance of a player who knows only the basics and be world champion. Hard, but at Poker, it's possible.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i started online it was a few years before Moneymaker made it the big bang, i recall playing at Stars when they dealt their 1st billion hand.Online has been ever growing since then and was so exciting

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Interesting article always good to know the history
Great content never knew about most of the stuff on the article except for the most recent stuff like last 2 decades.
I believe the first major online poker room was pacific poker which later became 888. Maybe something that could be researched and added to the last section.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Yes, great article! :)

The game as we see it today has an intresting trail of rich history and it's been polished from one form to another over centuries... :)

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never really been interested in knowing the history of poker. Very interesting.:)

fox77722

fox77722

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In 1834, Jonathan H. Green published the book An Exposure of the Arts and Miseries of gambling, in which he described several versions of the card game Poque and for the first time called it poker. He spoke about its distribution in the States, the popularity among the soldiers of the Civil War period and the gold rush gold prospectors.
Jonathan Green is considered the “godfather” of poker, and the 1834th is called the official birth date of this card game. He also wrote the book The Cheating Game, which became a guide for cheaters and professional players. On its pages we are talking about poker.:jd4:

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is interesting to know the history of poker, and as the article says maybe came from China or Germany, the important thing is that god bless the creators of this special sport, since poker is passion and love for those who play each poker day, I think it is such a complete sport that unites thousands of players from all over the world where you make friendships you know cultures and the most important thing is that the love of the poker is unique because if we know how to follow the rules the discilpina poker can take us to infinities of places and have a life of adventure passion and above all that I play poker ...