Hi, what books that you read help you to improve your skills in poker?

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Try reading all the course in the pokerstars schooll. there are to much information about mtt and sng and cash

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hi,

i will suggest this:

Strategies for beating Small Stakes Poker Tournaments
by Jonathan Little

Strategies for beating Small Stakes Poker Cash Games
by Jonathan Little

And this one from Ed Miller
Playing the Player

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People still read?

The question isn't about reading a book or watching a vid.

Its about working and thinking about the material. I can't tell you how many people rate old poker books that I've read over and over and over and actually worked with for years and they'll say, "outdated or its not good or something" when I know that they read it once and didn't get that "Ah, that's the golden ticket or holy grail to winning idea" from the book and just cast it aside.

Pick a book in the game you're interested in, on your skill level and work with it. If you get a book that's too advanced or too involved then hopefully you can send it back and get something that's simpler and entertaining and can get you to that advanced book down the line.

GL on your learning journey.

Last edited:
MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thanks for your recommendation.
Jared Tendler - The Mental Game of Poker.
A very good book in which you will find a lot of valuable information. Personally, this book helped me a lot.

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are lots of good poker books out there. The key is to find books that speak to your level of understanding. It is important to put the concepts into play in a very deliberate manner. Take the next few playing sessions and concentrate on the concept that you are trying to learn. You need to put into practice the things you learn in the book. It is helpful to find others that are studying the book and become part of a book study group. We do this in the RecPoker Community and sharing thoughts with the group helps us better understand the concepts.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
(Just to add something: I also passed the CC course, which i recomend, it helps me a lot. I soon began to reread and watch again the material...)

:)

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I never read anybooks of poker only online articles.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's not about reading the book but actually the study and understanding of what you're reading. If you don't understand the concepts your reading and mis apply them, you may night find they help.

I would suggest anything my Jonathan little would be helpful to read.

If you really are looking for help to improve, take the 30-day poker training course cardschat offers. I will help you.