hey come back!

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all the members of the forum, I would like to tell you that for months I have not played poker, hence my inactivity in the forum. Today I return to action, and I have a question to ask ... How do you start after a long time without playing poker? From already thank you very much, greetings

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello to all the members of the forum, I would like to tell you that for months I have not played poker, hence my inactivity in the forum. Today I return to action, and I have a question to ask ... How do you start after a long time without playing poker? From already thank you very much, greetings

Thank U 4 Posting.

1 Play at lower buy-ins to protect bankroll
2 Play shorter periods of time and do hand reviews right after.
3 Post hands here for input or find someone who has greater skill to discuss hands.
4 Do an equal amount of time learning and playing.

Hope this helps
:):)

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello, welcome back! Of course, you must first play out, remember the basics of poker, so to speak, do not go into your working limits, but play for now at micro limits

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
get on the bike and take a week or two knocking off the rust cause its there and be BRUTALLY honest on your mistakes so you get at your most optimal place

i shut down almost yearly for periods of time to recharge etc...

and i always catch my leaks and mistakes till get up to right level again usually takes 2 weeks to a month but then im in good form :)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Thank you for posting and welcome back!

Firstly you need to get reacquainted with the game. Depending on how long you've been out of the game will determine how much it has changed. If it's only 6 months, it will be much the same. If it's 10 years, it will be barely recognisable.

Pick up a book (my personal recommendation is Jonathan Little's Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Holdem) and get an understanding of how the modern game is played.

Analyse your game. This is probably the most important. Especially for a returning player. What might have been a winning strategy when you were playing before, might be a disastrous play now.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck!

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play low stakes games and play as tight as possible. Also, don't play too many games simultaneously. Play tournaments from the beginning, no late entries. Don't put in too many hours either.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It is necessary to start gradually, without straining and exceptionally in a good mood.
Good luck.