Help with Omaha hand: Four of a kind lost to a flush?

millya5

millya5

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Please help where to read the rules about Omaha Unibet Screenshot 264

Attachments

• Screenshot_262.jpg
    Screenshot_262.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 43
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
E: not sure what your problem is but isn't "4 of a kind" supposed to beat flush every time :hmmmm2:

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In omaha you can only use 2 of your 4 cards, in this case, the other player have three of a kind of 8 not four
for example if somehow you have 3 equal cards in your hand, you don't have a set, you only have a pair and can't make a 4 of a kind
to make flush or straight you need to have 2 cards in your hand to complete, not one, like in normal hold'em

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have set, he got flush. Flush beats set, it’s simple. In omaha you can use only two cards of four you have.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/pot-limit-omaha-guide.php
"With the four cards each player is dealt, he or she must use two of them to make the best hand possible with three of the community cards. The use of two cards from the hand is a requirement. You can’t play the board with just one of your cards and you cannot play your entire hand."

millya5

millya5

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/pot-limit-omaha-guide.php
"With the four cards each player is dealt, he or she must use two of them to make the best hand possible with three of the community cards. The use of two cards from the hand is a requirement. You can’t play the board with just one of your cards and you cannot play your entire hand."

Thanks so much for the link.
What is surprising, not knowing the rules, I won tickets several times
Thank you all for your answers.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good to hear you won some tickets while still learning the rules. I always figure I would prefer to be lucky than good anytime.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I strongly suggest you read up on the rules of Omaha. I don't play it, so I'm not in a position to enlighten you, but I do know that in Omaha, you MUST use 2 hole cards only. No more, no less and 3 community cards. That means that you do not have 4 of a kind, you have a set and the flush wins.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So unfortunate. many times when I get 3 or 4 of the same cards, like in this case three 8's, I will just fold my hand. In this case, an Ace with the 8's that are suited club's, I might have stayed in to chase a flush, bit diamonds came up.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is good to know that you have won some tickets while still learning the rules.
That

must be my problem, I know the rules and I never won anything playing omaha :rolleyes:, just a few itm in tournaments.

Full Flush Poker Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands