Help making bankroll

G

GRSONS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I am playing poker at pokerstars at 6 months at play money,and now I am crushing the game.I know its not a proof of my skill (but we all start somewhere) and I have decided to move onto real money.so basically I am starting at lowest stake cash games and slowly move up the ladder.so I want to ask you guys what should be my expectations per hour because I am willing to put any number of hour to build my bankroll and move at higher stakes.
Any help will be really appreciated.
Thank you.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on your desire to grow your bankroll.You can spend all the time,the result is 0,and can be 5 minutes and the initial capital you have.Play fickle pause.Good luck.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play as many tables and time as you personally feel comfortable.

M

muunas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
firstly play freerolls to get starting money then you can go play cash games in lowest stacks or tournaments with small buyins. if you succeed you can go playing bigger buyins

Alex Melnik

Alex Melnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good start for building a bankroll will be freerolls. Nothing to pay is not necessary and you can win real money, albeit not large.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Spend some time browsing in the cash game section.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of things. Firstly, what you mean by crushing play money and what your bankroll management (BRM) strategy was there. Honestly, starting out per hour, I'd say you need as low expectations as possible and if you consistently make 10% of your buy-in(s) then it is successful.

I don't necessarily agree with people saying you should play freerolls. The reason for this is that they could make your cash game worse as they reward a different style of play. Also, even if you bink a freeroll for a lot of buy-ins it can make the cash feel even more like a grind and you could take it or your BRM less seriously or be less happy with the cash game success.

It just depends what your most important goals are.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Counting pennies is pointless,focus on playing well.Don`t worry about results,because most likely,they won`t be good at first,so why worry? it`s self-defeating. Play well,make good decisions,,,try moves,study,take `shots` to see where you are as well as getting used to playing at a high level without being nervous. Enjoy the journey,it`s a bumpy ride;)

G

GRSONS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
By play money I meant I started with 10000 play chips and now I am at 250000.
And thanks guys for the response,really appreciate it.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You asked a task with many unknowns. We do not know how you play. Here one advice arises. If you get to be in profit then follow the rule of bankroll. Good luck to you. Remember, more players lose money than they win.

I

Ian McCudden

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally would not set a per hour goal just play solid and the results will come also if you make a decent profit at one table don.t get complacent and overplay hands as it gets nasty fast

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice is to start with freerolls. Cheaper than free, it does not exist. If you do well in freerolls then you'll do well in low-income 1.10 and below tournaments

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very easy to set a goal of $ 1000 and finish it until you realize that for you and 10 000 thousand is a simple task and the clock is thrown into the garbage.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management