help with freeroll tournament poker

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now im no newbie at poker ive been playing tournaments since i learned how to play in iraq, just now recently moved too online.. it seems to me its a 3 outta 10 chance to win the freerolls people allways going all in on 2-7 offsuit.. crud like that, 1000 player intries on 3 - 10 place wins.. now ive won some but jeez any outlook on raising my odds to this.. acr poker

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope those freerolls should be used as learning. Not much else. It's a Donk infested tourney.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
right , idk if there's a correct strategy , mine is to slowly grind my stack and get to the bubble, those that only pay FT are crap shoots the only way i've ever made it and seen others are surviving coin flips but good luck on that...3 x today aces beat by oddball hands and they were the pre shoves...if u just want to play just to play they're good time fillers

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are like a wild animal that can't really be tamed. Even the most highly skilled player is going to be forced to lower the level of their game. Between the fish, lagtards and agro-donks you'll find yourself put in spots that you would normally avoid. There's only so many times you can lay down pocket tens because three players have already gone all-in in front of you, only to see them turning over nonsensical, miniscule ass hands before you give up and start coin flipping with them.

K

karmy1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So far what I've found is to just wait for those best hands to come up and play for them, if you get a hit on them your chances of winning would be higher. Any games where you start off weak just fold em and be patient ... only play strong hands. This helps eliminate loses.

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if the freerollnis only for a few bucks, ur best bet is to find q premie to middling hand to shove with early and try to build a stack or bust sonh dont waste time

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is a waste of time if there are 10 payouts and 1000 or more players. Look for tourneys that pay 10 percent or more of the entrants, and 20 percent of players getting paid in the money shiuld be the norm.

Ideally too, the last place in the money should pay over a dollar, you want your time to be worth something after all..

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now im no newbie at poker ive been playing tournaments since i learned how to play in iraq, just now recently moved too online.. it seems to me its a 3 outta 10 chance to win the freerolls people allways going all in on 2-7 offsuit.. crud like that, 1000 player intries on 3 - 10 place wins.. now ive won some but jeez any outlook on raising my odds to this.. acr poker
Hello !!! Yeah, freerolls are like that anywhere you play. When someone doesn't have any risk (Not having to come up with a buy-in), it's a crapshoot. I hope you have a great rest of your year. Take care, and have a great day :cool:

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are just the first step to learning the game:)

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Pick your spots, call the donks wisely, and hope for the best. Over time, you will do well even in those tourneys if you go in with the best cards.