Help with Bankroll

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another gpod quesrion is if youve got 100 bi and your at the 2nd level you do you drop to 50 bi should uou keep playing knowing youve already used 50 bi at that level and if you drop levels bink a tourney then youve only gotten half of what youve paid for

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you drop levels bink a tourney then youve only gotten half of what youve paid for
if you were "crushing" the lower level, you should of course continue to be able to do so...assuming you aren't currently on a downturn...when you're running bad (whether because of a newly developed leak you are unaware of just yet, or simple variance and you're still playing rock solid and just on a momentary set back) dropping down allows you time (and BR) to "wait/figure it out"....you've dropped below the BR level...there's a reason:hmmmm: ...continuing to spew at the higher level just aggravates the situation

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahhh ok so only dont drop down uf your sure youll bink one soon as youve done in the past?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ahhh ok so only dont drop down uf your sure youll bink one soon as youve done in the past?
YIKES! :eek: Nope...drop down and don't think twice about dropping down...soon your BR will be right back at where you can take another shot...
there may be a reason you're not succeeding at the next level...

you may be on a "cold streak"...if so, how long will it last?...no way to tell...moving down allows longer, less expensive time to wait it out...

what if it's short lived? Great! Your BR will be back up to "next level" levels in no time and you can reasonably move back up...
ready take another shot and more importantly bankrolled properly for another shot...

but what if it isn't "just a cold streak"? ..in that case, sticking it out can be disastrous :eek:
as you move up the game and players change...you may have been playing at a level where more people "have to see the flop" with any two cards and moved up to one where fewer are in the hand, and most hands are one caller and one or two blinds...smaller rewards, less margin for error, the more readily even a small leak becomes a big problem...

...dropping down when the BR level indicates you should is key to proper management...patience. Drop down and work out the kinks. Frustrating, I know...been there, done that...many, many, many times....

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management