Hello CC! $100 Bankroll Advice?

123YnotMe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello CardsChat! Glad to be a part of the community and look forward to learning how to improve my poker. How would I go about becoming eligible for the SportsBetting.ag freerolls?

Also, does anyone have advice for $100 bankroll? I’m planning on playing MTTs and SnG’s that are no more than $1.50. Is that pretty reasonable?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My last 100 bankroll on this poker site is going in here today to clown around in this 75k main event seems reasonable to me.:)
78c40a2b149b764626e0e2f1c93a0044.png

Welcome to CardsChat ChipMusstang maybe others have better advice though good luck.:dontknow:

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello CardsChat! Glad to be a part of the community and look forward to learning how to improve my poker. How would I go about becoming eligible for the SportsBetting.ag freerolls?

Also, does anyone have advice for $100 bankroll? I’m planning on playing MTTs and SnG’s that are no more than $1.50. Is that pretty reasonable?

Clarify what you mean by "no more than $1.50" :)

-If you mean no single MTT or SnG has a buyin of $1.50 or more then you have about 66 buy-ins and this is reasonable. There is a bit more variance in tournament poker than in cash games, so even 100 buy-ins might make sense, but 66 is within reason. Not to mention that you don't necessarily need as much of a "cushion/safety net" if you are a better player. If you are testing the waters, then this bankroll might be okay. If you are struggling at these stakes, then there is no same in building more of a bankroll with freerolls to get more buy-ins etc.

-If you mean "no more than $1.50" as the Big Blind (how amounts are often measured), then $100 is barely a bankroll...

p.s. I am by no means an informed player with bankroll in poker - just someone with decent investing and business intuition. I'll be upfront that I'm in the same boat as you are here. I've only played freerolls and close to accumulating a bankroll, but right now gaining in freerolls to create a bankroll to work with. There is some merit to just depositing, but I think there is also some value in grinding it out to get there first.

Let me know how your poker bankroll tales begin :) I might be in a similar situation perhaps in a few months from now :)

123YnotMe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Clarify what you mean by "no more than $1.50" :)

-If you mean no single MTT or SnG has a buyin of $1.50 or more then you have about 66 buy-ins and this is reasonable. There is a bit more variance in tournament poker than in cash games, so even 100 buy-ins might make sense, but 66 is within reason. Not to mention that you don't necessarily need as much of a "cushion/safety net" if you are a better player. If you are testing the waters, then this bankroll might be okay. If you are struggling at these stakes, then there is no same in building more of a bankroll with freerolls to get more buy-ins etc.

-If you mean "no more than $1.50" as the Big Blind (how amounts are often measured), then $100 is barely a bankroll...

p.s. I am by no means an informed player with bankroll in poker - just someone with decent investing and business intuition. I'll be upfront that I'm in the same boat as you are here. I've only played freerolls and close to accumulating a bankroll, but right now gaining in freerolls to create a bankroll to work with. There is some merit to just depositing, but I think there is also some value in grinding it out to get there first.

Let me know how your poker bankroll tales begin :) I might be in a similar situation perhaps in a few months from now :)

Thanks for all this info, Phoenix! I did mean tournaments and SnGs with buyins no more than $1.50. Glad to know that works.

Thanks so much for the 30 day course! I’ll definitely check that out.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need 25 quality posts on the forum for some they are called silver,
Also 75+ posts and stay active for others they are called platinum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all this info, Phoenix! I did mean tournaments and SnGs with buyins no more than $1.50. Glad to know that works.

Thanks so much for the 30 day course! I’ll definitely check that out.

Great, feel free to post if you have any questions and thanks for the recommendation Phoenix!

For the bankroll question, I would ideally start a bit lower unless you're happy to reload or have a solid ROI over at least 1000 games. If you instead played games that were mainly around $0.50-$1, then you could mix in some $1.50s when you're up and build into them more gradually without risk to your bankroll.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

For single table tournaments (STT) its pretty reasonable. For multi table tournaments (MTT) you ideally dont want to play any higher than 0,5-1$ with a 100$ bankroll. As Collin Moshman hints at, a lot of people asking this bankroll question dont actually know, if they are winning players. And needless to say, if you are not a winning player, or become a winning player relatively fast, then good bankroll management can only make you lose your money slowly rather than fast. This is just the reality of poker, and how the game works.

123YnotMe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Appreciate the info, everyone! I think I may actually pivot to cash games. I’m realizing I just don’t have the time for MTTs. I’ll start with micros for sure. Thanks again for the welcome everyone!

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great, feel free to post if you have any questions and thanks for the recommendation Phoenix!

For the bankroll question, I would ideally start a bit lower unless you're happy to reload or have a solid ROI over at least 1000 games. If you instead played games that were mainly around $0.50-$1, then you could mix in some $1.50s when you're up and build into them more gradually without risk to your bankroll.

No problem. I'm always happy to recommend this course Collin. You and Katie put together a great poker course and I'm sure it could help a lot of future players :)

Appreciate the info, everyone! I think I may actually pivot to cash games. I’m realizing I just don’t have the time for MTTs. I’ll start with micros for sure. Thanks again for the welcome everyone!

Glad to be a part of your poker journey even in a small way :)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management