Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

welcome to Cardschat.

Here is the quick link how to get you started
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

hope you find it useful

I took the 30 Day cardschat course and enjoyed it (of course winning the freeroll at the end was a cool finisher too xD). Collin Moshman (one of the "cardschat instructors" for the course) also wrote several books on poker. Before playing in the freeroll, one of the books I bought and read from him was focusing on Heads-Up play. The book was: "Heads-up No Limit Hold'em" (which undoubtedly was fresh in my mind when I played in the freeroll).

There are also many free pre-flop charts available online. Some of them discuss Heads-up play. I personally don't like following charts too strictly because it is opinionated and because sometimes I'll play the situation more than the exact cards I'm holding. With this in mind, I still like glancing at charts because it still gives you a loose idea to work from as a starting point and also gives you some idea of what range others may be using.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads-Up is my favorite game type as well. I have realized best way to learn heads-up poker is by volume, playing lot of hands. That's why I can recommend Advanced Poker Training, there you can choose between cash and sit and go heads up.

Heads up is a very stressful game. Good concentration and tilt control are must to have, both are learnable skills, so no worries..

Phoenix Wright had a very good answer. First learn basic guide line like charts, and then become more independent and abuse your opponents tendencies when you go upper to the stakes.

Anyway, I have got great results by using just APT, there are many different opponents to play against, so IMO you don't need anything else than APT and a lot of volume for Heads Up to make some serious money, or at least it worked for me.

Severo junior

Severo junior

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heads up

I play on average 30 heads up a day, and I say for sure that only 10 percent of players have any strategy, most of them play just for playing. This game really gives a good financial return if taken seriously

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think heads up poker is the best and fastest way to learn. You have to be involved in every hand, fast paced game and you really need to pay attention who is against you. If I can change something when I started my poker career, it would be to start with heads up poker, especially hyper turbo.