Have any of you succeeded in a poker session without going all in?

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This might seem extremely impossible in no limit poker. But have any of y'all in the middle of a poker session rather it's cash games, tournaments, SnG etc. Have you profited basically from medium size bet sizing and not going all in?

Or were there times you never went all in but had to call all in and you profit etc? Never happened to me I guess I'm trying to find the importance of size betting.

Is going all in extremely necessary? When and what do you think it is necessary to go all in?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This might seem extremely impossible in no limit poker. But have any of y'all in the middle of a poker session rather it's cash games, tournaments, SnG etc. Have you profited basically from medium size bet sizing and not going all in?

Or were there times you never went all in but had to call all in and you profit etc? Never happened to me I guess I'm trying to find the importance of size betting.

Is going all in extremely necessary? When and what do you think it is necessary to go all in?

In SnG it has happened to me, in DoN to be specific. Fast all-in action, almost the entire table went and I hung up.

Now in MTT I find it practically impossible for something like this to happen.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion showing a bluff gives away a lot about the type of game you are playing, depending on whether you are on a good run then it is good to show it and when you understand that poker can suddenly change games at a moment's notice.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You only need to go all-in with a stack of 10-15 big blinds, in other cases you should push your opponent to fold equity. I've been able to win without an all-in about half the time I've played hands. I think that going all-in constantly makes sense only in knockout tournaments or bounty tournaments.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey
If the question is, did I have to go all-in? I will say yes, sometimes with a small stack it makes no sense to play a hand

S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I didn’t 😉….I even never win without winning at least 4 or 5 All In flips, although I usually try to avoid such flip situations…..but sometimes you are forced to go or call an All In and you are just flipping….but avoiding an All In itself I never tried…😉

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Heh interesting question. Last couple of years I have been playing only MTTs so going all in at some point is unavoidable.

Prior that,...no actually I do not think that I had a good session where I haven't went all in. If you are playing any no limit poker, its kinda the point to go all in at proper situations. Max profit value, that's the goal.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes , me :) haven;t you :) , just joking ... i manage a few times , usually when i won the tournament , and depende on the way you play your poker , style :)

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I play more MTT these days and it's a common situation, sometimes going All In is a good way to bluff.