Can hanging out with pocket aces be a challenge?

A

Abutre98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't win with aces, I always fall with them, does anyone else have bad luck with pocket aces?

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe very often there are problems with this couple.

A

Ace of Spad3s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
Aces get cracked ~ 20% vs 1 villain.

How do you play them? Are you capable of folding when you are most likely behind? They are the best hand preflop, but postflop things can change quickly...

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
For me AA is win a litte or lose a lot.
Nothing between.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
If more than 3 players call my allin preflop with pocket rockets I usually loose

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I almost always when I play AA I always lose with them, it's so annoying!

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
AA’s I’ll take every day all day long baby let’s go!! Seriously look at how you are playing them if you are always loosing with this hand. You should be winning a lot with it. Try to get heads up with this hand and that should help. Good luck!

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If AA isn't your biggest winner BY FAR you are paying them wrong.

AA, KK, QQ, and AK should be gigantic winning hands.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Aces are not invincible. I think that the slow play increase the chances of losing the hand. Idk if that's the case.

A

Abutre98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If AA isn't your biggest winner BY FAR you are paying them wrong.

AA, KK, QQ, and AK should be gigantic winning hands.
I lost the opportunity to stay in a tournament because of a pair of QQ, I got irritated with that, everything pointed to victory and I lost to K 7

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Pocket aces won't lose very often, but they will happen from time to time. Your pocket aces will lose a lot in poker, that's a simple fact. And this does not mean at all that the poker room where you play is a scam.One of the main benefits of holding AA is that you almost always have a chance to win the pot.

ebazynski

ebazynski

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've learned to accept that any hand can win or lose, so I only focus on whether or not I'm making proper decisions given the situations I find myself in.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I lost the opportunity to stay in a tournament because of a pair of QQ, I got irritated with that, everything pointed to victory and I lost to K 7
You can't look at just one hand. You can lose an all-in with aces at the final table in wsop main event. Aces should still be your biggest winners over a decent hand sample.

As stated many times before: Poker is luck in the short term, but skill in the long term. And the long term can be very, very long. Especially if you play mainly tournaments.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Yes, many players have problems with pocket aces. As strong starting cards in poker, they do have a lot of potential, but the outcome of the game depends on many factors, including your decisions and actions after the hand. Playing with pocket aces requires strategy, as winning is not always guaranteed.

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Just now I lose with Aces😂
My opponent cashed out but me I am not afraid and I continued and faced the loss 🤦‍♂️
I should’ve cashed out $8.63 something, but it’s fine now since I cannot change anything.

Attachments

• FB6A1DA7-2C06-4548-ABC1-1C687C40EA63.jpeg
    FB6A1DA7-2C06-4548-ABC1-1C687C40EA63.jpeg
    525.9 KB · Views: 5
A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't win with aces, I always fall with them, does anyone else have bad luck with pocket aces?
I think you should be delighted every time you hold them. If the position gives you an advantage, take advantage of it with an all in, if not, be careful and it can still bring you some profit. All of us we are happy when we are dealt a pair of aces but that does not guarantee that everything will go well.
Good luck!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
with a pair of aces, you need to open up rather than lose, many players try to lure players with a pair of aces and too many players enter the hand and then lose to two pairs or a set to someone, and if you play aggressively and the opponent also plays with you and you lose to a set of kings or another, then you're just out of luck, sometimes you just need to watch you play with a pair of aces and look for mistakes if they are

B

Barimp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
Most of the time it's better to play aggressive compared to slow playing or inducing. Don't give your opponent a free flop or turn, don't try to induce a bet after 4-betting, just c-bet. It's better to win a small pot than it is to lose a big pot because you don't want to fold with aces.