Hands to raise pre-flop from the BB and SB?

• Thread starter Deceitful_Frank
  • Start date
D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I am going back to basics... atleast when it comes to pre-flop play. I have re-thought my opening ranges for raising in EP,MP and LP and am looking for advice of the kinds of hands to raise limpers when OOP pre-flop from the blinds that fit in with my style of play IP. To give you an idea I play mostly 5NL FR no-limit hold'em and open UTG against the average table with 99+,AQs+ and raise a few limpers OTB with 44+, JTs+, KJo, A5s etc. Blind stealing is with any ace, suited king, 22, 33 K6o+ etc. Pre-flop my numbers ar earound 14/13. I rarely just complete the SB and almost never call a raise in the blinds. Of late I have been raising with my LP range 4bb+1bb/limper from the blinds but I feel this is maybe a little on the loose side? My average apponent is a 21/8 with 19% steal who folds to 3-bets 75% of the time. Can some of you more knowledgables suggest a good range to raise from the blinds against 1,2 or even 3 limpers? Feel a little deja vue with this post and am hoping for not too many "it depends"s! Thanks in advance, Frank

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands