Chips
Only if he draws an eight.

H

haavok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
software errors do happen.... ultimate bet ring any bells to anyone?

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two pairs will always beat one pair."Basic Poker"

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Obviously, the opponent wins with a straight or a flush. Another idea is opponent can beat you with 8 being higher than your 5 or 7 as a kicker if there are two pairs higher on the table.
I have been playing 8 yrs and never seen a hand paid out wrongly. Looking back at the hand history always shows the error of my way. Just need to remember to turn hand history on, in case I need to provide proof to customer support.

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
software errors do happen.... ultimate bet ring any bells to anyone?

That wasn't an error, it was a deliberate hack of the software facilitated by people inside the company. And even then it was to see opponent's hole cards, not to change the actual outcome of hands (which would be a really stupid way to cheat).

The chances of that being the case here are pretty much zero. Especially on a relatively large site like 888, where LOTS of people would notice if the software didn't know that two pair beats one pair.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That wasn't an error, it was a deliberate hack of the software facilitated by people inside the company. And even then it was to see opponent's hole cards, not to change the actual outcome of hands (which would be a really stupid way to cheat).

The chances of that being the case here are pretty much zero. Especially on a relatively large site like 888, where LOTS of people would notice if the software didn't know that two pair beats one pair.

This sounds more like a case of selective memory or a misread.

B

Bobomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
software errors do happen

If 888 had a bug that gave pots to the loser, the screams would be widespread.

People are asking for a hand history because the OP is not credible.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi guys can somebody help me get my head round this. If I have 7/5 (2pair) and opponent has pocket 88s with nothing on table. Does this beat me. Thanks.

it can be only with another pair on the board which you probably didnt niticed

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands