Hand selection and its importance!

D

DavidLaacerd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone should have seen or heard about the importance of hand selection, but few have stopped to reflect how fundamental this concept is for a player to be profitable, so here I give my opinion of how I see the value The selection of starting hands and how important I think it is.

As everyone should know the selection of starting hands is the act of choosing which two cards we wish to play and which two cards we will fold, this act of choosing some hands to play and some hands to give up is fundamental to make us profitable Or deficit.

What usually defines whether a player will be profitable or deficit is how well a poker player is able to play with selected hands. Now we come to a somewhat controversial point because my last statement comes in a kind of conflict with the previous statements, because if what defines if a player will be profitable or is not the quality with which he throws his hands soon his selection of cards Would not be so important since a good player would have the ability to play well with his bad cards.

Well come on because now is the discussion is good hahaha. Understand that in poker there are 2 ways to win your opponent's chips, one is betting and your opponent is folding and the other is presenting the best hand in the showdown, now tell me which player will have the most pots won in the showdown player Who plays as many hands as possible or that calm and patient guy who plays only the best hands ???

Of course, long-term winners will be more likely to win those players who better select their hands, so it's not that the EV is taken so seriously by professional players. Well I understand that this subject is one of the most complex to be addressed in a post about poker and I also acknowledge that I made a brief and simple approach on the subject in order to make the elucidation of the theme easier for all readers, If you have come so far, be sure to take all the explicit information on this blog seriously as it is from the simplest findings that the greatest learning comes about.

J

justjoe1992

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
got any tips for me just started playing poker this year basically christmas time

and in all honesty i ****ing suck, ive lost bare already ha, some of it was (tilt) some was calling when knew i shouldnt but majority was just me being and playing shit ha and jumping up in stakes cause of being impatient or wanting to gamble ha getting fed up lol.
just joined the forum so looking for some advice tips as clearly im failing and failing bad fed up of being a fish honestly ha, i think im fairly good at actually telling when people are bluffing or havent hit cause of betting size tells etc and won probably majority of my hands calling there bluff and raising them pot or something and making em fold.
recently got a free trial of poker holdem manager or something as thought why not if its free trial checked my graph out and its ****ing depressing how bad i am ha.
i know you probably dont want good players and would prefer i stayed a fish but honestly i really would like to learn how to play profitably, i kinda feel like i got to learn how to play profitably as i cant really see myself not playing poker now ive been introduced to it i really really like the game honestly not gonna lie become a bit obsessed with it like literally its only thing i really think about lately even bloody dream about it now not sure a good thing ha (friend introduced me to it december last year never played before in my life till then instantly loved it) put this way ive really not got alot going for me in my life and not gonna lie got far too much free time on my hands, so the poker even though im losing which im still gutted about is a bit of an escape and coping mechanism really for me it genuinely helps me relax switch off from other less pleasant thoughts etc.
funnily last year i bet for first time on sports and i was good at it actually did really good(which shocked me honestly) but since the pokers come along dont even care for em no more ha even though i was actually profitable betting on sports ha (enough bets im fairly certain it werent all luck).
but poker not the same realisation quickly realise i suck ha.
so any advice whatsoever will be very much appreciated.
attached graph of how shockingly bad i am below ha part near the end was tilt as spunked well rest of my bankroll in one really short session ha did insane bets and calls and was just in a shite mood that evening.

Attachments

• 2017-05-15 (1).jpg
    2017-05-15 (1).jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands