Hand review

P

PokerPlayer6963

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Two hands for review.
1. 10 nl 110bb effective stacks. I have Td9h on the button. Folds around to me, I open to 2bb. SB folds, BB calls.
Flop - 6c7cJs, villain min bets, I call.
Turn-8d. I bet pot, villains calls.
River-6d. Villain shoves for 90bb~.
I couldn't fold here. Villain was playing 72-8 over 40 hands. At the time I thought he still had all worse straights in his range, 59, 45 etc. And some some 6x as well, since he was calling so wide.
So I called , and he showed 66. Now I believe I made a mistake, because I think he would check raise his straights on the turn.

2. 10nl 75bb effective stacks , 3 handed.
I am on the BB with Qh5h.
Button folds, SB(50-19 over 270 hands) calls, I check.
Flop comes - 6c3h2h, villain bets 20c and I call.
Turn - Qs, villain bets 60c. I shove. Villain shows Qd6d.

IDK about this hand. Villain was a very aggressive player. I was sure he would bet river too with most of his range. So shoving seemed to be the correct play, with top pair, flush draw and a gutshot. But I am not so sure now. Is calling a better option here?

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the first hand, I don't think I'd be good enough to get away from it either. I always try to tell myself someone could have trips (or in this case a Full House), but with that huge straight and no flush it'd be hard to get away.

For the second hand I would have called or even folded in that spot. It was a hand with way too many ways of losing to stick with a top pair rag kicker.

M

Meister7775

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

One hand for review in online 6-max cash 1c/2c.

LJ: RFI 3.5bb (LAG player) (Stack 100bb)
BU: Hero 9d-8d calls (Stack 110bb)
SB: Calls
BB: Calls

Pot: 11b
Flop: Qd-8d-6s
LJ: Bet 7bb
Hero: All-in
SB: Folds
BB: Folds

River: Qd-8d-6s-6d-10h
LJ Shows QQ

Not sure if I have played correctly at the flop (Hero). Thought I have enough fold equity and 12 outer: 9 (flush outs) + 3 (two pairs). LAG opponent rivered a full house.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. If a weak player suddenly plays push, you should always be very careful. If he plays with a pair of jacks (AJ, KJ), why does he play push at once, and not block-bet? And which street do you want to beat? )) 9-5? I think it's not easy to lose your hand here, but it's real. 2. Top pair without kicker! Why do you throw your stack at the feet of your opponent? On the turn, your monster draw has already lost its power. You had to put pressure on the opponent on the flop, make a 3-bet raise. On the turn, you only have 30% equity, and you know that most likely the villain will not throw out his hand. I would have played a fold on the turn.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands