Hand review

P

PokerPlayer6963

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10nl 6max, 100bb effective stacks
I am on the cutoff with AhQd. EP and MP(fish, playing 48-3 over 477 hands) limp behind me, i raise to 50c, button folds, both the blinds call, EP folds and MP calls.
Flop(pot is 2.1$) - QsTh6c.
checks around to me, i bet 1.25$, blinds fold, and mp calls.
(pot is 4.6$)
Turn comes- As
I bet 4$, villain shoves.
Dont think i could have folded here, needed to call 4.25$ to win 16.85$, so I make the call, villain shows KsJh.
Any way I could have played this hand better, maybe bet smaller on turn so i can consider folding to a shove?
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The turn bets very big your generating so much fold equity here on the A that it makes it hard for villain to call without atleast 2 pair as well i think i prefer a sizing of around $2.80 on the turn and then shove the river. I wouldn't be overjoyed with a very passive fish over a good sample shoving this turn but i dont think you can fold top 2 pair here.

Last edited:
greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the hand was well played in all aspects, the turn that seemed to help was very bad the villain for me made a bad call after the flop, I think your bet was correct there was no need from my point of view to make it bigger and to prove it just look how many outs had the villain only five, these are the cases where I always say the hand was well played bad luck that the villain was a bad player for that reason he made the call after the flop

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way the hand could of went different was a overbet on the flop or all in preflop, then MAYBE villian would of folded. But I doubt it.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting roughly half the pot on the flop isn't going to deter many decent hands from someone willing to play that high of a percentage of hands. In order to push someone playing that many hands off a pot when they have a good draw or something is to bet 1-1.5x the pot. I don't know if this person was a chaser though. Did they chase a lot of hands over the course of playing with them? If they had, then I would have not bet the flop because even a bet of 1.5x the BB may not have pushed them off the hand.
From a pure betting perspective, the bet was spot-on against a tight player, but not for the player you describe.

The one mistake you made might have been if you hadn't considered the possibility that they had trips? If you did, then kudos. If not, then that's where your flaw is. Always think someone could have trips because even tight players will see a flop with 66 for 5BB.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands