Hand Ranges at Micro Levels

B

bounce 2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanted to say I have been reading this forum for a few months and have decided to become an active member. I have learned a lot on here in the few months I have been reading this forum.

I have been playing no limit hold em for about a year now. One of the biggest problems I have is putting players on a range of hands at the micro levels. I believe I have an understanding of what hands could open a pot and in what position they should be played. I see a lot of players that will hold any two cards in any position. I try to pick my spots when I feel I have them beat and it seems they suckout on me quite a bit.

My question is how should I go about putting these players on a hand range? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Notes,notes and more notes. Learn what these players "habits" are and you will be able to put them on a range with a higher degree of accuracy. Make sure you pay attention to what goes on espcially when you are not in the hand.

B

bounce 2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do pay attention to the players when I am not in the hand. This is one way that I see these players are pretty much playing any two cards. I will say I dont typically make notes on the players but while they are at my table I do remember what they show down. Is there another way to play against these opponents or should I keep doing what I am doing by attacking them aggressively when I think I am dominating them?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands