hand to hand

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play one on one, do you have to act aggressive or just wait for it?

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on stack sizes.

If both with deep stacks, you can pretty much slowplay pairs and wait for a nuts.

If you with deep stack and opp with short, you can be as much aggressive as you want, just make sure that you the one who initiates.

If you with short stack, well just stick to standard short stack strategy, wich is your only option pretty much.

A

atyagi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If by one on one , you mean heads up I will be aggressive.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agressive agains shorts, normal against deep, do nothing if it matters for you just to min cash at least, play as usually if you are for the win, not for min cash

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, it depends on the size of your stack and your opponent's style of play. I rarely play aggressively, but I try to use my opponent's aggression and mistakes effectively.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The experience of the game should tell you that there are different opponents and situations at the table, too.Somewhere it is worth playing aggressively and somewhere to lure the fish for lunch) carefully.Everything always depends on the right decisions.Everything is in your hands and positions!

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agressive heads up is always the way to go in my opinion.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Controlled aggression is always the wat to go in my opinion. You can't just rip it in with every hand, but you are going to play a lot more hands compared to a full ring table. Be aggressive, especially from the button and defend wider from the BB. If your opponent is decent, they should be raising with around 80% of hands, which means you can call with 70% of hands and still hand more than 50% equity.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
if it like 1500 chips, as in a tourney, it is good to be aggro. if it is a cash game, I usually try to have 4 buy ins because that is about how much time I need to figure out my heads up opponent.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands