Hand Discussion

L

lBrownl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament poker post late registration with roughly half the field eliminated.

Three handed:
Cutoff+1: 145 BB
SB: 31 BB
Me (BB): 58 BB

Action folds to CO+1 he limps, SB calls and I check. I have :qh4: :2h4:

Flop comes :qc4: :qd4: :ah4: and I'm feeling pretty pumped

SB bets 2/3 pot, I call, CO+1 calls

Turn is :6c4:

SB bets 1/4 pot, I call, CO+1 raises to 1.5xPot, SB folds, I re-raise all in and he quickly calls.

Heads up he has :qs4: :jc4:

River is :js4: and I am now out.

Overall I thought he had AXo and ran into the buzzsaw

What do you think I should have done differently in this one? Appreciate any input

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournament poker post late registration with roughly half the field eliminated.

Three handed:
Cutoff+1: 145 BB
SB: 31 BB
Me (BB): 58 BB

Action folds to CO+1 he limps, SB calls and I check. I have :qh4: :2h4:

Flop comes :qc4: :qd4: :ah4: and I'm feeling pretty pumped

SB bets 2/3 pot, I call, CO+1 calls

Turn is :6c4:

SB bets 1/4 pot, I call, CO+1 raises to 1.5xPot, SB folds, I re-raise all in and he quickly calls.

Heads up he has :qs4: :jc4:

River is :js4: and I am now out.

Overall I thought he had AXo and ran into the buzzsaw

What do you think I should have done differently in this one? Appreciate any input

Thank you for posting.

So the turn is where we want to look at the data that our Villain has given us.

We do this by reverse engineering the hand.

1 V is passive- we know this because they limped QJ which in that spot is not a trap hand so it should be raised. Passive players do not 1.5x pot an Ax hand on that turn. They try to get to show down.

2 Sb bets 2 street you call 2 streets with 0 draws on the flop so V can put us on Ax Qx and that is why they make it 1.5x pot on turn not to get folds but for value.

3 We make an error on the turn by not raising the blocker bet as a flush draw is now possible and we do not want to let an ace pay a small price to hit.

While it is a cooler there were indicators that we were second best on the turn but also if the V had AX what bluffs do we have in our range when we call-shove? If we have no bluffs than we cannot expect to get that many calls from AX therefore we should call and decide river not shove turn.

Hope this helps
:):)

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

I would go all-in postflop, but Cutoff is unlikely to fold. These are situations where almost nothing depends on you

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see, that this is your first post, so first of all welcome to CC forum :)

There is a decidated sub forum for tournament hand analysis, so please post there next time. Its also easier for both you and people replying, if you export the hand history from the poker site and convert it using the hand converter here on CC. With these things out of the way lets get on to the hand:

Preflop
A free flop is perfect with a hand like Q2s.

Flop
I would also just call here to keep worse hands in the pot, and also for a bit of stack protection. In a limped pot the SPR is very deep, and I dont want to go broke in the odd case, someone else have the last Q.

Turn
Facing such a small bet and with a flushdraw now emerging, I might put in a small raise for value and protection. As played when CO comes in for a raise, I am definitely just calling for the reasons, I stated on the flop. I dont want to go broke here, if he also has a Q and has me outkicked. 3-bet jamming is an overplay, which will typically get all worse hands to fold and only better hands to call.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands