Gto

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where’s the best place to start understanding/learning gto been looking online but can’t find much I know no Limit full ring hasn’t been solved, but understanding certain player try to use it as closely as possible so where do I look?
Thanks for the replys in advance

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would guess that top training sites such as RIO should have a lot of GTO related content (can't pinpoint specific videos/series, because I have not been a member there for ~3 years).

Other than that, books such as: Matthew Janda - "Applications of No-Limit Hold'em" or Will Tipton - "Expert Heads Up No Limit Hold'em" are great sources of knowledge about theoretically sound poker as well.

Additionally, playing around with GTO solvers is also another way to get a hang of GTOish plays in various spots - especially if you combine it with resources mentioned above.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try piosolver, it's made for postflop play and it shows in percentages the actions you should take in certain spots.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tipton and MoP are great. Janda offers a practical approach. Trying to map out situations in CREV (Cardrunners EV) also helps with some understanding.
But at least for me, the bulk of my understanding of GTO has come from trying to apply the concepts myself. Working out a situation, getting it wrong, and then figuring out how to get it right. Over and over. That's where the learning happens, and that's why effort will still give you an edge. I'm not aware of any books or videos that get you the whole way there, so GTO is not for the lazy.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GTO = Game Theory Optimal
Simply put: given a situation, it's how to make most money taking acceptable risk.

ye i know
i mean that all talks about it but nobody knows what is it. just theory.

all books about gto is something like chakra and aura. "be balanced and believe in your self".
you cant calculated. just if you think his range ~~% so you need ~~% so you must balance ~~% and etc.

ai "libratus" which won pro players didnt play gto.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye i know
i mean that all talks about it but nobody knows what is it. just theory.

all books about gto is something like chakra and aura. "be balanced and believe in your self".
you cant calculated. just if you think his range ~~% so you need ~~% so you must balance ~~% and etc.

ai "libratus" which won pro players didnt play gto.
Ah, just like me:D.
Still I thought it might be useful to give the definition of GTO, just in case others don't know.
(I had to look it up not too long ago).

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GTO is difficult to study and likely even more difficult to execute correctly "in-game." Unless, of course, a player can scroll through their rolodex of learning with a high level of recollection in seconds! Given a scenario, GTO provides a near perfect balance in decision making that will produce a positive outcome.

Check out this fun, visual representation of GTO idea: https://ncase.me/trust/

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GTO is difficult to study and likely even more difficult to execute correctly "in-game." Unless, of course, a player can scroll through their rolodex of learning with a high level of recollection in seconds! Given a scenario, GTO provides a near perfect balance in decision making that will produce a positive outcome.

Check out this fun, visual representation of GTO idea: https://ncase.me/trust/

ye but interesting that tons of peoples says that smb plays gto. so tons of peoples knows what is it and how to play it :cool: easy

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand you want to learn GTO, or Game Theory Optimal. I encourage you. I include names associated with GTO and Game Theory writings. I add a caution.

RedChip says, "...no-limit hold'em can be treated and solved like a math problem." Polk says, "The GTO strategy for No Limit Hold’em supposedly exists, but is not yet known by any human or even computer." Woolley says, "It is likely to be many years before a game as complex as full-ring, deep stack, no limit hold-em is fully solved, meaning that the GTO move for every possible situation has not been determined."

I personally view GTO as a theory that presently leans towards writer testimonials, situational game applications and the assumption that the undiscovered actually exists.

GTO reminds me of the Theory of Everything, TOE, as it is referred to by scientists. GTO and TOE are hardly similar, but it’s difficult for me to think of one and not the other. TOE is supposed to be a single theory, that when discovered, will explain everything about the universe. Scientists like Einstein and Hawking failed to discover TOE. That doesn’t mean poker theorists should yield the search for the GTO strategy for NLHE. But, right now, there is no GTO strategy for every possible situation in NLHE anymore than there is a TOE explaining everything in the universe.

Both theories, however desired or promising, assume outcomes that may never be found. Keep this in mind as you study. Best Wishes.

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Upswing poker teaches GTO, you can join their site and get access to their videos