Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks as if I went broke on all sites now.:eek::eek::eek:

Luckily I never deposited.

I played myself up to 40$ on each site, but this year I don't seem to get anything together.

My plan now is to grind it out again, accumulate 10$ on each site before going to the lowest

buy-in cash game table (probably FLHE).

Estimated time: 1 month

I know I could deposit, too but I figure I'm just not good enough yet.

I'll post any changes in this thread weekly.

Last edited:
nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad news, graf. GL on your ladder climbing, keep us posted.

C

cuffslurp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Interesting ... can anyone confirm this? I mean, is it a good idea to grind freerolls before you deposit, in order to improve your game?

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting ... can anyone confirm this? I mean, is it a good idea to grind freerolls before you deposit, in order to improve your game?

Can't really say if it improves your game or not, depends more on how you want to play. If you have the ability to deposit, then do so, by all means. May open more opportunities for you.

I just made my non-deposit stance a personal choice and to treat the online game as a challenge, to make something from nothing. I would rather use my cash to play live games here.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't really say if it improves your game or not, depends more on how you want to play. If you have the ability to deposit, then do so, by all means. May open more opportunities for you.

I just made my non-deposit stance a personal choice and to treat the online game as a challenge, to make something from nothing. I would rather use my cash to play live games here.

I don't know for sure either because playing any limit poker games -including freerolls- should improve your skills.

I cash in freerolls on a regular basis now which I didn't do very often as a noob.(Exept for the last 30 days.....:mad:)

I like the idea of the challenge Nick spoke of - my mindset to poker is exactly that and if I suck big time I don't lose anything, either.

I know that by depositing it would be possible to obtain bonuses and I will deposit sometime when I pass 100$ BR on a site.

I might have a conservative or odd way of doing this but I learnt that being nitty works well for me.:deal:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
two days later....... CC-FR win

Hehe back again, thank you CC.

Attachments

• Zwischenablage13.jpg
    Zwischenablage13.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 85
sld2

sld2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations, that ought to kick start your bank roll.

D

Dertaderp23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice way to start bankroll. I personally think building bankroll by freerolls takes way to long and as a begginer i didnt learn anything from them except how to be a donk haha

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ Grinding freerolls has saved me lots of money I would have spent learning.
And it made me become more patient and tilt-proof, too.
Numerous times you will go out in 1000th, 300th, 200th,100th position.
Then you will be able to float into money for a few times.
Finally you'll catch a final table once in a while.
And when you are ready, it will have sharpend your skills enough to win.

Took 2.25 $ to a HORSE sng9 pls game and won.(ups - slightly out of good BRM I guess)
Donked off 0.90 on a F-Tops sat.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freshup + Question

I hope by keeping posted I stay concentrated enough...

Question:

Since I think I can beat 2.25 $ limit horse sngs (although my sample is small:()
should I play them or rather stick to 1.25 $.
The rake is the same at 2.25$ (+EV) and I got sucked out way too often in the past at 1.25.
Seems I can concentrate better at the 2.25s ???:eek:
How much does that run out of good BRM given my roll ?
Buy-ins are at 3,6% of my roll.

Mmmm but I'm doing well it seems.

Attachments

• Zwischenablage22.jpg
    Zwischenablage22.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 85
Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play the $1.25 as the rake is absurd. If you think you can handle the $2's go for it, I'm sure you can ;)

Btw I agree with you to a degree on not depositing. You have probably learned a ton from the freebies, and I wish I did the same. But you have to realize that if you lose a $40 Bankroll it may not be because you aren't good enough but you just don't have enough in there.

Just an opinion. Good luck

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play the $1.25 as the rake is absurd. If you think you can handle the $2's go for it, I'm sure you can ;)

Btw I agree with you to a degree on not depositing. You have probably learned a ton from the freebies, and I wish I did the same. But you have to realize that if you lose a $40 Bankroll it may not be because you aren't good enough but you just don't have enough in there.

Just an opinion. Good luck

Ty lemly.
I agree with the rake - its more EV playing the 2.25$ even if they are slightly out of my BR (3% buy-in).

And tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

I won another CC-freeroll, the UB one for 30$.:eek::p:D
Now I'm rolled on another site....:D

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Graf, just from the short time that I have played in CC FR's with you I feel confident that you'll be able to build those bankrolls back up pretty quickly! Knock out a few SNG's as well, and you'll get it all back in NO TIME!:cool:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Graf, just from the short time that I have played in CC FR's with you I feel confident that you'll be able to build those bankrolls back up pretty quickly! Knock out a few SNG's as well, and you'll get it all back in NO TIME!:cool:

Thanks for your confidence in me puppyfeet - infact it seems you're running very well too.:p

Another question.....?
From the screenshot and the stats, can someone tell me anything I need to look harder at ? I sat down with 5$ at the .05/.10 tables.

I like playing razz - just multitabled razz micros on tilt..... the only thing I can say is they are + EV.
I just started adding a 0.10/0.20 $ table... had 3 sessions today like this one.

Attachments

• Zwischenablage12.jpg
    Zwischenablage12.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 83
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the meantime I placed 2nd in a cc-bodog freeroll for 24$ and
6th in an UB cc-freeroll for I think 6$.
Won a bit at bodog for 29.90 $ too.

Still slowly building up BRs...:)

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
update

Haven't been playing too much lately - my working scedule is just too crazy atm.
(I'm working from 6:30 am to 8 pm, getting home at around 9pm)

Just wanted to update - my actual BRs are at 80,27 $.

Not too much, but every bit helps, doesn't it ?

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on cashing on so many freerolls. I have to completely agree with you on learning by playing by freerolls. I think it's a great learning tool. Lots of players look down on playing freerolls, but that's where you sharpen your skills. If can't make it deep into a freeroll (top 100 out of 2700) what makes you think you are going to beat money players at a SnG or more skilled players in a real MTT?

I've played with you on several tables during the CC freerolls and you've always played really well.

Continued success.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
End of May update

Congrats on cashing on so many freerolls. I have to completely agree with you on learning by playing by freerolls. I think it's a great learning tool. Lots of players look down on playing freerolls, but that's where you sharpen your skills. If can't make it deep into a freeroll (top 100 out of 2700) what makes you think you are going to beat money players at a SnG or more skilled players in a real MTT?

I've played with you on several tables during the CC freerolls and you've always played really well.

Continued success.

Thanks Lizzy for your support and your opinion about my playing.

Just having won a 91 pl micro MMT (0.60$) on carbon I think it's time for a rewiew about where I'm at, now.

My current BRs are:

FT: 16.32 $

Bodog: 32.91 $

Carbon: 45.10 $

UB: 7.42 $

PS: 0 $

(I stopped playing at PS because I'm working from 7 a.m. till 8 p.m. atm and don't feel like grinding the 9K freeroll qualifiers for the freerolls)

Total: 101.75 $ :D:D:D

I stayed away from the cash games in may ( lost 20$ in April - both times AA<KK all in pf) and only played the lowest possible limit sngs and mtts.

I'm pretty confident I'm on the right track, now.
Variance doesn't seem to hit me that hard anymore.
Remember, I started with 0 $.

I think I'm ready to deposit (probably at carbon) - I'll add 50$ there sometime in June.

My challenge now will be to continue grinding within proper BR limits and play as many new depositors freerolls as possible until I get the whole bonus - then withdraw the 50$ again to netteller and redeposit on the site which has the 2nd largest BR then.

Thanks for your support chatters - I'll keep you posted about how things develop.

Last edited:
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
treading water (slowly sinking atm)

It seems that I'm just treading water atm.

At least I didn't donk it all off.

Current bankrolls (still haven't deposited).

Total: 89.48 - that means I have lost 12.27 since my last post.

I need my summer holidays to improve again imo, work just sucks me out.

Attachments

• Zwischenablagecarbon.jpg
    Zwischenablagecarbon.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Zwischenablagebodog.jpg
    Zwischenablagebodog.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 60
  • ZwischenablageFT.jpg
    ZwischenablageFT.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 61
  • ZwischenablagePS.jpg
    ZwischenablagePS.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 59
  • ZwischenablageUB.jpg
    ZwischenablageUB.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 57
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Level I BR buildup complete lol

Ok I'm afloat again, lol.

I said I'd keep you posted.....

Hovering on about 100$ now altogether.

Why do I seem to play with so much variance ?

BR: 104.37 $
I'm still a fish - but it seems I've found some even smaller ones:withstupi:joyman:

Attachments

• ZwischenablageFT.jpg
    ZwischenablageFT.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Zwischenablagecarbon.jpg
    Zwischenablagecarbon.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 59
W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do I seem to play with so much variance ?

From what I've seen, you seem to primarily play tournaments, and tournaments are high variance because of the prize structure. In general, the less people that get paid, the more variance.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I've seen, you seem to primarily play tournaments, and tournaments are high variance because of the prize structure. In general, the less people that get paid, the more variance.

True, imo.

I have to say that I often bubbled lately but in comparison to last year I get in reach of the FT far more often.

Just won another 2$ carbon HORSE tourney - weeeeeeeeee. :D

Attachments

• horse1.jpg
    horse1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 54
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a refresher - total BR on all sites now 160.49 $.

Seems I'm slowly building up again - decided not to deposit although I wanted to.

Why should I ? I've got a few bucks to play with now :D:D:D.

seuatx

seuatx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks as if I went broke on all sites now.:eek::eek::eek:

Luckily I never deposited.

I played myself up to 40$ on each site, but this year I don't seem to get anything together.

My plan now is to grind it out again, accumulate 10$ on each site before going to the lowest

buy-in cash game table (probably FLHE).

Estimated time: 1 month

I'll post any changes in this thread weekly.

that sounds like an excellent plan, i myself have never deposited either at ftp or ps and i have built up my br currently to about 75 bux too, havent gone down yet , knock on wood lol

FREEROLLSFTW

FREEROLLSFTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice thats pretty awesome looking forward on future updates