Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billyth3kid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play the 10 cent multi table... with 5$ your actually giving yourself a fair chance to place big... or u could do that 1cent 2 cent cash table..but i would play supper tight and just make 50cents at a time till you hit like $20

F

FORZA MIKE

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would play a low end cash game watch for a bit and look for the fish.......theres alot of fish in limit poker

Toast

Toast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the .25c 45 man is regular speed. I like this one with 5 bucks. cheapest with the least variance(still quite a bit of variance I mean come on its a quarter with 45 ppl).

Second.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would def do the .25 cent ones, the dime ones I really suck at.
I also do pretty well with the $1 stt's. I do better in those for some reason than the DONs.
Good Luck.

OnyxPanther

OnyxPanther

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i won 40 cent in a pso tourny and ive been microing 1/2c and 10 360 players..had to start at limit till i got to 80 cent tho.. at 6 dollars now

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Subway's my favorite resturant :D

Well.. favorite fast food resturant... Subway would probably be my 3rd favorite resturant.... after Panera Bread and Olive Garden.

Dude! You're so right.

Olive Garden is my favorite restaurant.

Subway is my favorite fast food place - if you want to call it that.

:)

Great minds think alike.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Withdraw and go to Subway. I suggest the Oven Roasted Chicken Breast.

Seriously though, I can't really do much with a $5 bankroll.. but if you want to play it.. just find the cheapest games possible on there.
The new cuban is fantastic,,,what if there is tax?

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing to decide is how good a player are you? And be realistic and truthful. If you are halfway good play the SHSTT $1 turbos. First three players out are usually the donks. If you play good you will have a sizable stack. Third player is usually an unlucky SS. Then you are HU with a player who you've had time to study and figure out how they play. Again, if you are good, you will make a nice payoff for a short amount of time.

Spookey

Spookey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way you can build that to something is at the PL Omaha hi/lo Cash Tables ...
1c$/2c$ tables ...

Good luck thought ^_^

I wouldn't play tourneys or SNG...

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The new cuban is fantastic,,,what if there is tax?

I'm sure you can scrounge around the couches for that extra 48 cents (that's what the tax is on a $5 sub here in Kansas).

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OP is poker your hobby and are you prepared to spend some time on it ???

Unless you are under-age then its pretty easy to deposit and play some stakes that have a little meaning to you. Personally playing a 25c MTT is kinda a road to nowhere.

M

mosseyAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5???Cash out and invest in a money market account or something.

F

fortuna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a lot everyone, I think I would be trying a couple of 10c and 25c SNGs, and may be doing one 1/2 cash table... will keep posting my progress.

claudel

claudel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play your 5$ on sit&go's, is more easyer to rise your bankroll that way;) It works for me;)

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 bucks

Well I would do what the other poster said, try the 10 cent tourneys.

Z

ZCorky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I built my bankroll from a $2 free deposit from Stars. Have withdrawn several hundred to pay for books/PT3 and have also gifted $100 to my partner to play her poker. I have still had a couple of hundred in my roll on top of that.

It is possible. The 45 man 25c regular tournaments take about 150mins and are a gold mine for you.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pick something and stick with it, patience. Grind out a few muti tables.

R

rozzz5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say grind the microstakes. The games are really soft and its a good way to run it up until you have something workably at which point, grinding SNG's are probably the way to go.

Extreme Fishing

Extreme Fishing

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are scheduled $50 added tournys for $0.10 + the 360 turbo for $0.10. Hope that helps.

A

AntiKhrist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter what you play, just make sure that you use your money wisely. It's much better to have a bankroll than just try to blow it all on one tourney. :)

F

fortuna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress update: I tried a couple of $.25 tourneys, just breaking even now @ $5.03... i think i need to adjust to the fact that there are so many people calling with just anything...

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like to play the 360 person 10c tournys that is a turbo. The top 18 get paid. Its a good way to build your bankroll and if you don't place you are only out 10c

I play the 240 PLO games at 10 cents. I have a challenge going for myself. I am up over 9 bucks over 50+ games. I am playing these till I reach 100 games. Vheck out my progress hre to see if this might be for you

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/plo-100-game-challenge-179877/

If you were to play these or the 360 NLHE version you could play 50 of them for your 5 bucks. If you take down even one of them you will be ahead and could lose the other 49.

I have come in 2nd place three times on the PLO games.

You ask if they are luck fests. I would say no more or less than say a $1.10 MTT. Yes it is only a dime but trust me if you play these like you were playing a higher stakes game you will find that they are beatable.

I think the 25 cent 45/90 player games are a good idea as well

Also keep in mind that for any of these games there is ZERO rake. That adds to your ROI of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.