Good hands being beaten by great hands.

E

eddy2009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In MTT I find problems when I am deep into a game.

I do not know what to do when I have a good hand like 3 of a kind, stright or even flush BUT find that it could be possable that my oppent has a higher hand like Full house....

what would be the best thing to do if he/she raises me, check... would it be an idea to make a small bet?

This is for NL holdem anyway

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you really should save the hand histories and post the hands. you will get a lot better response to your question and there maybe some factor one way or another that you might of missed. but for the most part get the money in there. if you got a set and there's 3 to a str8 or flush yes there is a possibility your beat. but the fact you may suk out when you re beat and the chance there bluffing or semi bluffing with a draw its often better getting it in. it's really got to be obvious to fold a hand. and even if it does seem obvious your beat sometime its better to just try for a cheap showdown.

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you really should save the hand histories and post the hands. you will get a lot better response to your question and there maybe some factor one way or another that you might of missed. but for the most part get the money in there. if you got a set and there's 3 to a str8 or flush yes there is a possibility your beat. but the fact you may suk out when you re beat and the chance there bluffing or semi bluffing with a draw its often better getting it in. it's really got to be obvious to fold a hand. and even if it does seem obvious your beat sometime its better to just try for a cheap showdown.

Very true, but also it helps if you have reads. This is where PokerTracker or Hold em' Manager can help tell you if the villian only does this with great hands or marginal hands.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands