Good Decisions !

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My mentor Nick Rainey said: "Making the right play and winning the pot are two different things."

Always remember, you can play perfect poker and still lose, and you can play horrible poker and still win. It's the nature of the game, and unfortunately while it can be maddening at times, as long as you know you're making the correct decisions, you'll be a winner long term.
Some days or sessions, no matter what you do, everything goes wrong. On other days, even the wrong plays turn out "right". The difference between the good player and the weaker player is how he capitalizes on the good runs and minimizes the losses on the bad runs.

Or how Nick Rainey (aka MI_turtle) said: "Make good decisions, and over the long run you will crush the games."

:cool:

LizzieO

LizzieO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Learning to make good decisions

Yes I agree, when I was first learning to play, not that I am all that experienced now, lol, I had no concept of "outs" and of "pot odds" and my play showed this, but after I got tired of losing I bought a few books on poker and learned a lot by applying the advice as I played, this made a big difference in my play and a big difference in my bankroll, learning to fold a good hand was the hardest one, next was learning how how to figure out the playing styles of the other players at the table.

R

rhoffer21

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as long as you know you're making the correct decision

That's what I need to find out/ work on more.