Going all in pre with a pair

FroZeeN89

FroZeeN89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to follow the line to put together a strategy, and if your bank allow worth rather be bold surely take you to the top.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe its worth the based on if you can rebuy and what the other bets before you are representing. I would fold pocket AA with 3 all ins or more even though i have the best hand starting, that's just me. You have to play your style but don't give up a winning hand online players are hard to read sometimes.
AA is not easy to fold but with 3 other all ins the safe play would be to fold.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Whether or not to shove all-in with KK or lower pairs depends on many factors. You should even fold AA sometimes.Every situation is different.

In cash games, just ask if you're willing to risk your whole stack, and are you confident that your opponent (hopefully there's only one) doesn't have AA. For me, if an opponent is being unusually aggressive preflop and I have KK or lower pair, I fold.

In MTT, blind structure/ speed and stack sizes (in a turbo definitely shove because you need to keep making chips),what stage of the tourney it is (bubble/ICM pressure?), tendencies of(tight, loose, etc.) and number of opponents, whether or not you are able or willing to rebuy.

W

weirdline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am going to try to get as many chips in the pot as possible with KK before the flop. The exceptions to that are extremely rare.

Of course it's possible to lose sometimes with KK when all in pre-flop, but it is the second best starting hand and a huge favorite against everything but AA.

If you're afraid of losing, you will never win.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to jeopardize chips to accumulate chips so it seems best to do it when you likely have the best hand.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use firefox with windows 10 although I do not think that I make much difference can get me out of my ignorance if he does:)

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket 99 or higher when i hit the final table maybe even as low as 77 and 88 when 4 players are left

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
going allin preflop with pair you need think how much you have bb your position your pair ..