everyone cant be great at everything you got to work what works for you

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes patience fails me. You just want to throw the cards in Allyn, and come what may. Sit and get bored all the time to fold.

G

gosunoob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get into these types of situations, and just need to blow off some steam, consider moving down to the lowest limits and let it run.

Unless you are playing $0.01-0.02 already, that is always available. I have done that before when I just needed to "get it out of my system". When I've felt antsy about gambling and making stupid moves, I would much rather do it a table with $1 than at my regular game with say $100.

Go to the lowest limit, get it all in pre flop with that J-10 suited a couple times, lose or win your $3,$4,$5,$6, and then get back to actually playing poker.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Impatience in poker - it is a problem of many, including mine. In the game of poker, patience = money.
And another important point, which relates to patience - not to play the hand right after the bad bits, and even better not to play three or four hands to calm down. Do not give in to emotions, and do not try to recoup, especially with junk hands.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, long games for low stakes can be torture. I actually prefer Jackpot poker at ACR, but have a problem with bankroll management so can't always play there. It's the long registration periods that get me. I look for the short ones trying to shorten the game. All in all long games should only be for big stakes otherwise I don't have the attention span for it.

Top 10 Games