Garbage Hands

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the game, I am often dealt with bad playing cards. And if I see that the situation is not changing, I go all-in with this garbage. In order not to waste personal time on such an attitude.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

When I get this frustrated, I usually call All In with hands that I shouldn't, or at least extend my range.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you do when you dealt unnecessary cards! Are you bored? Are you just upset and call all-in or raise big? What are you doing to pass the time of repetitive garbage distributions? :joyman: :confused:
a player with a short stack, especially in knockout tournaments, can be entered with rather weak hands

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any hand has the potential to become a good hand. It all depends on the player skill.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What do you do when you get hand after hand of junk cards! Do you get bored? Do you just frustrated and call an all-in or big raise? What do you do to pass the time of repeated junk hands? :joyman: :confused:

I do get these days when every hand seems to be garbage, only last night I had a 9/10 and hit the 10 on a dry flop board, He bet,I shoved and lost to trips but I was just sick of the game giving me rubbish, sometimes it pays to get out of a game early and I really was not in the mood for an MTT game I switched over to SnG lobby and won 2 on the trot.
Morale is stick to what you play best, and if you are not enjoying the game get out of it.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just fold no matter how many times i get bad hands,although later i start to open up more on hands like 7 5 offsuited,10 5 etc.Its really all just a game of patience and waiting.

gery

gery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before the flop all holding hands could win so there are no bad or lose hands, it's all about the timing,
bluffing and raiseing with such hands.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Getting board is never really an issue. While it can be frustrating not getting a playable hand, poker is a deep game and you should use this down time wisely. Watching other players and writing down notes is very valuable use of time. If your really paying attention to the game you will never be board.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's really frustrating, and a lot of elements affect the way we play: what stage the tournament is in, how many chips we have, how the other players at the table play ...
If the situation is comfortable, it is better to be patient, but when that is not the case, you have to take risks, but even then try to put pressure on one of the weaker players.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I try to wait for the correct hand, even though sometimes a way to win is by entering with a garbage hand and it is inlerable for the opponent, but that is already a lot of luck !! It is best to be patient

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
you do everything right and on a long distance you will always be in the black

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i try to defend my big blind more often and maybe i get lucky :)

L

lhmove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well the thing is that if you expect to get good hands so you dont get bored or play to win , just don't play the game. you should enjoy playing poker even if you continusely get bad hands or lose . because the game is about winning and losing , just focus on having your winning ratio slightly higher than your losing ratio.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Getting board is never really an issue. While it can be frustrating not getting a playable hand, poker is a deep game and you should use this down time wisely. Watching other players and writing down notes is very valuable use of time. If your really paying attention to the game you will never be board.

Nah every hand is playable ...

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not only is bluffing a big part of the game, but all the top players will tell you.....patience.....patience....patience. The hands will come.

In the meantime, take notes on what the other guys are doing. This will not only pass the time, but give you a major advantage later in the game...or the next time you see them.

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I count bad hands as 72, 73, 5K and the like

B

B1961579

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you do when you get hand after hand of junk cards! Do you get bored? Do you just frustrated and call an all-in or big raise? What do you do to pass the time of repeated junk hands? :joyman: :confused:

Fold and try to remain patient. Possibly try to steal blinds, if I’ve been playing tight enough to appear selective about cards I’m playing. Mostly just try to wait it out until a better run of cards. :rolleyes:

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play to the end, listen to music, watch football when the game goes bad.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
garbage hand for me is 10 2 4 9 2 7 As for me, these hands have no equity, no chance on a straight, I can only play them on the big blind and only if the stack allows

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes, a long line of trash hands is annoying. Especially at the beginning of the tournament, when the players easily increase their stacks and then when something decent comes in, they start to squeeze you out with huge bets or force you to all-in. You have to take risks. But I'm not very upset. If you are unlucky enough to punish a couple of impudent people, then today is not my day.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
garbage hand for me is 10 2 4 9 2 7 As for me, these hands have no equity, no chance on a straight, I can only play them on the big blind and only if the stack allows

2 4 actually has (slight) chance of straight though ...

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
a lot of garbage hands, you can play some according to your position and the bets, if you are very bored ... but you should not get bored because part of the game is to see the hands and how to play the others

RParris

RParris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am card dead or I really focus on understanding my opponents. Setting ranges and trying to get a feel for who is willing to shove on me. I’m looking if maybe players are drinking to much, what they are buying in for, who is stuck? Anything but look away from the table or at a phone because I will miss the information I need at a critical time.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands