The game without HUD and without any statistical programs.

1Player

1Player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YourEnglish is very good :top:

Well, I tried two different HUD's so far, but the first one I gave up because it affected too much the game speed, and some events I even could not play having it active - like KO mtt's for example.
The second one, I am still considering as still I have troubles with setting it in a right way.

So most of the time I play without a HUD, and could tell you what I think - if in future you intend to play Live games - you will need to use your own brain and memory instead of a softwear. Think about that! Of course HUD could be helpful a lot in various poker games online, but in the end it is up to us to find correct way of playing depending on particular situation. And in this regard, I put more efforts in exploiting the hands value and opponent's leaks, what I think is more important than the pure statistics :)

GL on the felts :top:

This, about live play. Online, it helps. It shows you other peoples' leaks, and your own. I'd do it online just to see my own stats. Knowing about other people is a giant bonus, and allows multi-tabling.

That said, it's a crutch.

BigGrayWolf

BigGrayWolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guys, see if I played correctly?!
Winamax NLH5euros 5max
I am in SB with :js4::as4: UTG - open reiz 15cents(3bb), BTN call and I call too
Flop : :9c4::8d4::10s4: UTG check, BTN bets 40cents(3/4 of bank) I played call , UTG fold
Turn: :ks4: SB(I) check, BTN bets 70cents and SB re-reiz 2.10euros ,BTN fold...
... maybe you should have played differently?

BigGrayWolf

BigGrayWolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And look what an interesthing opponentI am on SB with :10h4::ad4: and I makes open reiz 3bb and BB call
Flop: :kh4::8c4::10c4: SB bet 3/2 of bank , BB call
Turn : :4d4: SB bets 3/2 of bank BB call
River : :5s4: SB bet bank size BB call and shows :2c4::4s4:

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Recently I see such trends on PS as well, but instead of building on them, I am getting more and more wide open and struggling of course ... This is not good for the game :(

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play without the help of software, everything I do comes from the knowledge I acquired over the time I'm playing poker, I confess that in recent times I learned a lot, and in the beginning I did many things wrong without knowing the right thing.

Support software will be useful for most of the online games, I've seen several players saying that without the programs they would not be profitable, anyway we can not make decisions based exclusively on the software, we have to be able to make our own decisions, or else we will never be players, but mere software interpreter.

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play without a HUD. I realise that it’ll give you an edge, but instead of getting caught up on the stats (where someone could change their game anyway) I’d rather learn the old school way and read the table/ pay attention to bets etc.

It also helps with any live games you play, as you cannot have a HUD to help you then.

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guys, see if I played correctly?!
Winamax NLH5euros 5max
I am in SB with :js4::as4: UTG - open reiz 15cents(3bb), BTN call and I call too
Flop : :9c4::8d4::10s4: UTG check, BTN bets 40cents(3/4 of bank) I played call , UTG fold
Turn: :ks4: SB(I) check, BTN bets 70cents and SB re-reiz 2.10euros ,BTN fold...
... maybe you should have played differently?
I would have folded after the flop to a c-bet. You have a back foor nut flush draw, and you’re up and down, but you’re still on a draw with a handful of outs.

Everything before that was correct IMO

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont use a HUD to play. I'm not going to have a HUD in live play so I don't use it on the computer. Maybe a serious lack of judgement on my part but all in favor for you.

BigGrayWolf

BigGrayWolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winamax NL5 incognito table
I'am on BTN with :as4::ac4: . Agromonkey player on UTG makes limp, BTN reiz 4bb and UTG calls.Flop : :9h4::qc4::6d4: UTG check, BTN bets 3/4 of bank, UTG call
Turn : :10h4: UTG check, BTN bets bank size UTG call,
River : :ks4: UTG all-in ,BTN fold .................................................................

BigGrayWolf

BigGrayWolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The same situation Winamax NL5 regular table 5max
I' m on BTN, :ah4::ac4: BTN makes open reiz 3bb SB call
Flop : :8s4::6h4::10c4: SB check , BTN bets 1/2 of bank SB call
Turn : :7c4: SB check, BTN bets 2/3 of bank SB reiz...and BTN folds ...maybe mistake there ?!

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 8
M

muky2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont use a HUD to play. I'm not going to have a HUD in live play so I don't use it on the computer. Maybe a serious lack of judgement on my part but all in favor for you.

I guess I would think that in live poker you can see the player you are facing and read his actions and behavior to gain some info to hopefully help you. In online poker you can gain some helpful info hopefully by using a HUD program, so why not use whatever you can to gain any sort of edge you can. Just my opinion, but I will take anything that can give me any additional edge, whether live or online.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without a HUD, or statistical software, a good memory and good recall of hands are absolute requirements. Daily review of sessions, and religious note taking of moves made help tremendously. Honing instinctive poker skills will take longer, but will help both online and in live play.
Besides, most HUDs use HH so they tend to be late in updating stats. If a site makes changes to their HH, the HUD becomes usless till it is updated.

Top 10 Games