Game Theory Book Advise

K

Kirkwood_Slim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been away from poker for about 8 years and it's time to get back into the game. I'm going to play the WPT DS at the end of the month but I want to read some game theory books 1st.
Any advise on Game Theory Books would be greatly appreciated.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Caro's Book of tells, Supersystem 1 & 2 if you haven't read them, and Harrington on Hold Em are the holy trinity IMO. Main thing is to use these books as guidelines to your specific style of play.

If you are looking for something a little more general, Theory of Games and Economic Behavior is excellent and Co-opetition is really great too. Enjoy!

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been away from poker for about 8 years and it's time to get back into the game. I'm going to play the WPT DS at the end of the month but I want to read some game theory books 1st.
Any advise on Game Theory Books would be greatly appreciated.
Read this CardsChat thread https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...oosing-a-gto-solver-improved-decision-380105/

You might also want to check out this thread (not GTO) https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/back-books-theory-poker-sklansky-375355/

Lastly.. a must read is the "The Art of War"

Last edited:
K

Kirkwood_Slim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you, I have all 3 Harrington on Holdem and both super systems.
I'm going to check out the 3 Game Theory books you mentioned. That's what I'm looking for

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This book is about to come out which is too late for the end of the month.

Modern Poker Theory: Building an unbeatable strategy based on GTO principles by Michael Acevedo

Applications of No-Limit Hold em by by Matthew Janda is also very good.

But for the WPT DS at the end of the month for my money I would buy this

Exploitative Play in Live Poker: How to Manipulate your Opponents into Making Mistakes by by Alexander Fitzgerald

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message "9

Yes reading books is definitely a plus, just read at your leisure any books about poker everywhere there is useful information that really helps. Good luck in the game, I also read a lot about poker because I noticed it really helps.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The most useful books on poker :
Jared Tendler "The Mental Game of Poker"
Andrew Seidman "The Easy Game"
Ed Miller "Texas Holdem for beginners"
Ed Miller "Professional NL Holdem"
Ed Miller "Small Stakes NL Holdem"
Tri Nguyen "The NL Holdem Workbook"
Good luck.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Invest 70$ in GTO+, it is the cheapest solver and it can do pretty much everything piosolver can do. Little less user friendly, but will need to deal with it. Don't read Harrington please, that book is so outdated, you will pick up bad habits.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check Will Tiptons expert heads up play volume 1 and 2

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Invest 70$ in GTO+, it is the cheapest solver and it can do pretty much everything piosolver can do. Little less user friendly, but will need to deal with it. Don't read Harrington please, that book is so outdated, you will pick up bad habits.

Don't take everything in Harrington as gospel, but it's still a good series. He has a slightly more updated book (2012, I think), but I haven't read it.

Top 10 Games