Game styles for beginners

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What style of play is best for beginners?
What did you recommend best?
I most like to play tight-aggressive, but my game does not give me results yet.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
TAG is exactly what style you should learn as a beginner.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on what you are playing if mtt play tight at the beginning of the middle until the end play loose, if it is cash tight play and in position play more loose good luck!

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG is good to start with because it will teach you discipline preflop and put you in less tricky postflop situations.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A reasonable;) reasonable would be ideal to play good poker

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for your advice.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should start by playing tight aggressive at the lowest limit available at the platform you are playing. If you are a rich guy and play higher stackes online ot live in my opinion tight aggresive won't do anything since people would see that fast and just exploit you alot. So, depanding on what you are playing.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For the beginner it is best to play with strong cards.
You must be disciplined and patient.
Try to always use your position at the table and take into account the game of your opponents.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a player who is just starting to play, it is better to choose a TAG style. It is necessary to enter the pot only with strong hands, rarely bluff against other players, play, depending on the position and constantly improve their skills.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that beginning players need to be patient and try to stick to a tight-aggressive style. Also use the standard pre-flop table of starting hands.

jamie Smith

jamie Smith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree.... TAG is definately the way to go, learning stack management and startng hand values.... also its key to learn how to manage your bankroll with the type of buyin money your looking to spend.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with the majority, now tight-aggressive style is the most profitable style in poker !!!

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Taytovo-agressivny style. Players of such style quite seldom enter a game and if enter, then with strong starting hands and play them aggressively. Such style well will suit first of all beginners. Besides if you use given style of play in online poker, then can play freely at several tables at the same time. Given style of play it is quite profitable because you play only on strong cards. It is especially good to apply it on low limits where there are a lot of beginners and weak players. If you only began to play poker, then it is the best of all to use this style.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tight, patience, in position.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend trapping opponents to start and build and image. You'll eventually have people not willing to put money in the pot. Then TAG or LAG would be best. Just know that quickly your opponents will recognize that you've changed gears and start to play back at you in which you should begin to trap again. As long as you haven't show weak holdings during this or gave the image that you're a call station you can really up with some LAG play

Top 10 Games