Game Mode

F

Freerollpass

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What game mode do you think is best for a beginner with a small bankroll? Cash games or SNG?

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in similar position as you.

However, from what I've read, there are players who escape micros by steadily grinding cash games for small profit each time OR playing SNG/Hot/Big/Bounty Builders for rare top finish which gives a mini rocket boost to the bankroll.

Tourney variance (especially Hyper-Turbos) is really sick compared to even 6-max (which has more variance than FR).

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What game mode do you think is best for a beginner with a small bankroll? Cash games or SNG?

You only supposed to be using about 5% of your bankroll, sometimes less.

I would suggest SNG to start, this way you can recover if you make a bad play.

I used to have about $1 in my bankroll and used to play the $0.02 games.

F

Freerollpass

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bankroll is a little over $30. So i guess i am going to grind some SNG then. Thank you

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really hard to try and grind up a very small bankroll. Ideally you would deposit over $100 for a good starting bankroll but if you're below that then try out SNGs and maybe the occasional PKO to try and win big

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like sng to slowly build up my bankroll.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bankroll is a little over $30. So i guess i am going to grind some SNG then. Thank you

My first bankroll was $30 I used it to play sng and did well. Didn't follow precise bankroll management and played $3 sng until I'd built it up, always told myself if I got down to $15 I'd drop down a level but didn't need to. Good luck!

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.

I do not know, but I think that the best mode for a beginner is a game in the CIS or in tournaments.
We must not forget that the game in cash games and tournaments is very different from each other.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you enjoy playing and what you have the most success in. There different strategies for both. Get good at one you like playing.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a small bankroll and I managed to increase it well by playing real money.
but I prefer the MTT format, and these are different things, different strategies.
but the game of real money still sometimes helps to earn at the table more than in tournaments
I mean to replenish a bit of your bankroll at the initial stage.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AFAIK, with smallest bankroll, SNG is the game to play, with the smallest field to begin with.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that with your bankroll you can consider SnG with buy-ins of 0.25$ and 0.50$.

Top 10 Games