My Game

Alisom Gomes

Alisom Gomes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello first post, I would like to improve my game, my mentality, any tips for those who are already in an intermediate stage?

Is a question how the freeroll works for those who are starting on cardschat?IMG 20220322 015258 455

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn WHY you should make certain moves and play certain hands in poker and not just follow a chart, a computer simulation on what cards to play, advice from a video or book or try to mimic what your favorite poker pro is doing in the middle of an UBER high buy in tournament or cash game on TV.

The "poker strategy & Rules" pull down at the top of this page will give you most of what you need to get going. Start there for some sound advice then take one piece of advice with you to the tables and think about testing the theory while you're playing. Record your results and work on your game. Repeat and rinse.

I really don't know about the freerolls anymore. There used to be a page of what sites they're on and when but they're doing some type of reorganizing or something with them and the freeroll listing has disappeared from the freeroll page. I don't play too many Cardschat freerolls anyway, lol. The site has a lot more to offer than freerolls though.

Welcome to the community and good luck!!

Last edited:
eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would suggest not playing every hand, as some folks are tempted to do.

Also, I would not risk more than 1 or 2 percent of my bankroll on any single tournament.

Dealing with tilt is also important. One way I handle getting tilted or being handed a bad beat is to remember if there are 100 players and 10 percent get paid, that the odds of not getting into the money is 90 out of 100 if all players are equal in skill.

Top 10 Games